Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 200 Miles and a slight num bum!  (Read 1135 times)

Offline cbmark

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500X
  • City / Town: York
Re: 200 Miles and a slight num bum!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 07:48:20 AM »
Hmm, do you know if they add any height? Just had a look on line, they look a bit more padded, esp for the pillion.
2015 CB500X

Offline dewigett

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Georgia
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 11:46:24 AM »
I've only sat on the stock CB500X seat once or twice in the showroom and that was over a year ago when I really started looking at them.  So, I can't really give you a gauge on how much more height the Corbin seat adds.  I'm not a tall guy (5'-6" after eating some GMO chicken...), but I don't have any issues with the seat height.  I am on the balls of my feet with either my Fly street boots or my Forma ADV boots (thicker sole) and never on my tiptoes which is good.  As far as the pillion, it does look thicker, but I never ride two-up.  Would have to spring for that new Yamaha Star Venture if so!  :-)  Or maybe the Janus Halcyon 250 with a sidecar.  Or possibly both!!!  Ha!  Anyway, I apologize that I can't really help you with your question.  If I ever get the gumption to stop by a dealer in the near future, I'll try to remember to do a comparison with a tape measure and get back to you on this.  However, I have to emphasize that I could ride all day on that Corbin seat and not get fatigued.  It simply is just an awesome seat.  Keep the shiny side up and be safe!

Online macamxthe1st

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by cbmark >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
20 - Where from? I guess its a generic fit for that price, or is it CB500x tailored??  I think ill look into it. I have to say, i did another 180 miles this weekend pretty much without any stops and didn't really have any fatigue this time.  Loving the bike :-)

I got it from here,

>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login

Hope this helps.

Geoff.
Geoff.

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Pro
  • My new bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: dl1000 CB500X
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 03:12:12 PM »
Beautiful backdrop, nice bike as you put the miles in it gets better. If I don't get on the bike for 10 days and then do a couple hundred miles I move around looking for the sweet spot. That's a beautiful shot thanks for posting the picture. They two up really good so enjoy that luggage, I call it marriage therapy. 100 miles to dinner on the back of a bike mid week, she the coolest girl in the room the next day. I would love to have the Corbin
I have had 3 bike with the corbin and the XR650 was the only one I didn't enjoy. They are worth the money if you spend all day in the saddle. Thanks for the link on the sheep skin.
Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down. Paul Newman

Offline cbmark

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500X
  • City / Town: York
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 03:47:11 PM »
Thanks, I'm fortunate to live in a stunning part of England, plenty of open roads to cruise around, with hundreds of quaint tea shops, cafes and eateries around.
I have to say, the first couple of times out, the bike felt really strangled and tight, now a couple of thousand miles added, its a lot looser and much more willing! I hear the 39t rear sprocket form the NC700 is a good option to pull the revs down a bit and keep pace - might consider that when the chain/sprockets are replaced.
I am surprised how competent it is with a pillion, it doesn't seem to suffer the extra weight to the point of being unridable - makes taking the wife out a pleasure not a strain as with other previous bikes.
2015 CB500X

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage