Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Test rode a CB500X, and well...  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Sargent_Horse

• CB500X Pro
  • What's brown and sticky? A stick!
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Mesa, AZ
Re: Test rode a CB500X, and well...
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 07:41:18 PM »
I find the 500X to be spirited, it loves trails and canyons where it doesn't have to go fast, but you can take advantage of how agile it is. I first rode a FZ-07 for a month or two, then I started test riding bikes to get my own before I settled on the reliability, cost, and modifications your able to make on the 500X. Try riding an NC700X, then you will know boring. :008: As others have said, it's all about the purpose the bike will serve and what catches your fancy.
I don't actually own a vehicle with more than 2 wheels...

Offline motogasoline

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500x
  • City / Town: Conway
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:43 AM »
I've had more dirt bikes and street bikes than I could possibly remember and the CB500x seems to be the funnest bike to date.  I really like the size and to me it's got plenty of get up and go.  Certainly enough to move it's light weight around.  IlI get 71 mpg most of the time but the worst has been 68. 

Offline Bat7

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Rochester NY
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »
When I got back into the motorcycle world after 40 years away I rode a Virago 250 for 24000 miles, then decided I wanted something with a little more power for the next time I cross the Rockies. Bought a CB500X last fall. 6000 miles later I am convinced I made the right choice. Power, weight and ergos remind me of my Suzuki Titan which was my last bike in the early 70's. I had to do many test rides before I found one that I could ride more than a few miles without pain.  So, I think the CB500X is a keeper even though, compared to my old Titan, I think tha CB500X is just plain ugly.
Mick

Offline ThudSlamrod

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: WI
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 02:05:54 AM »
Well if I ever get around to moving further out of town where I'd be forced to take the highway to work I'd definitely reconsider.  But as things are now I've only got space for one motorcycle.

That said this forum has been a great resource for my own research.  Thanks for contributing!

Offline drjack

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Trenton TN
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 10:59:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThudSlamrod >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
I found the bike to be kind of boring compared to my air cooled 250 enduro.  I really wanted to love it, but in the end it was just very adequate.  What am I missing?
Well you added 175 pounds or so, a second cylinder and probably only 15-20 hp. Your aircooled enduro starts making better power at a lower rpm. The CB feels like it chokes when you rip the throttle unless you're already at about 3k rpm. It took me awhile to get used to keeping the rpms higher as I was used to single cylinder dual sports also. It is not and never will be a beefed up dual sport, just a good all around adventuring touring bike that's inexpensive to own and ride.
The intelligent rider uses a quiet pipe.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage