Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First 3 weeks 1500 miles.  (Read 574 times)

Offline macamxthe1st

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X
First 3 weeks 1500 miles.
« on: August 04, 2017, 02:03:37 PM »
Just a quick update on my first three weeks and 1,500 miles with the CB500X. What's been added from standard ? Heated grips, grip puppies, tank protector, fenda extenda, centre stand, rear hugger, 1" shaved from the seat, detachable external sheepskin pad, rear carrier, top box, Michelin PR4's. A " Fuel " end can will go on in a couple of weeks. To say that I am delighted would be a grave understatement. I had a very clear specification with regard to the parameters that I wanted this bike to fulfill and it meets those requirements in every aspect. This forum and obviously it's members were of great help in the decision making process before purchasing the bike and Newcastle Honda could not have been more helpful with test rides etc. Thanks to one and all.

Geoff.
Geoff.

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA-G
  • City / Town: Hexham
Re: First 3 weeks 1500 miles.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 03:26:07 PM »
Good for you Geoff - it sounds like your research has resulted in a CB500X personalised to fit you very well.
I'm interested to know how the grip puppies work with the heated grips - although it sounds like a winning, comfortable combination, I'd like to know how much warmth travels to your fingers.
Enjoy the bike and the wonderful varied local roads.
Steve
>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login

Offline macamxthe1st

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 04:38:12 PM »
Thanks for that Steve, what I forgot to mention in the list was adjustable levers. The grip puppies and adjustable levers make a huge difference in the feel of the bike for me but more pertenant to your question, I think the puppies actually enhance the heated grips considerably. They do induce a bit of a lag in the rate of temperature rise but you end up with a larger diameter/surface area, warm or hot, nice to the feel soft foam grip which to me feels inffanatelly more pleasant than the standard heated grip.

Geoff.
Geoff.

Offline Harry

• CB500X Pro
  • Ride safe / Ride forever
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X white
  • City / Town: Christchurch
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 08:41:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by catstevecam >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
Good for you Geoff - it sounds like your research has resulted in a CB500X personalised to fit you very well.
I'm interested to know how the grip puppies work with the heated grips - although it sounds like a winning, comfortable combination, I'd like to know how much warmth travels to your fingers.
Enjoy the bike and the wonderful varied local roads.
Steve
I'm +1 for the grip puppies on top of heated grips. I've got Oxford heated grips and the only hard part was getting the grip puppies over the top of them.
I'll be riding in -4 deg Celcius with summer gloves on and the heated grips only at 50%, having large hand guards keeping all the wind off the hands helps as well.
 :306:
CB500XA - 2014
CBR250r - 2011
GSX250 - 2005

Offline macamxthe1st

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 10:03:25 AM »
I have not fitted hand guards as yet (anyone recommend any that I do not have to remove the bar ends to fit) but have used the set up on previous bikes and have found it to be ideal.

Geoff.
Geoff.

Offline SnowOwl

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: SE Missouri
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 04:35:16 AM »
I have the Honda OEM hand guards.  They have mounts made to work on this bike and don't require the bar ends to be removed.  They work very well to keep the wind off the hands but are not intended for crash protection. Since I don't take the bike "off road" these are more than adequate to get the job done.
1982 Suzuki PE175
2016 Honda CB500XA

Online slowrider

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 500X Rally Raid
  • City / Town: Surbiton
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 10:53:20 AM »

The bar end weights are really quite easy to remove, then you can fit Barkbusters.
Having fun with Rally Raid Level 3 upgrade

slowrideradventures.blogspot.se/

Recent Topics