Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Intro and a question: CB500x, are all years seats interchangeable?  (Read 298 times)

Offline bonaroo row

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
Hello all.  I'm from Northern California.  In another life, a long time ago, I was a motorcycle tech.  I'm 60 now and took early retirement last year but spent a bunch of years in the Silicon Valley doing the high tech boogie. 

Got back into the motorcycle world in '14 when I bought a WR250r after an over 30 year hiatus.  I was way too crazy and had a bunch of close calls, both on and off road, that told me it was time to stop.

My WR250r is now way farkeled out and it is so pushed into the dirt realm that I need another dual sport that can cruise the highways a bit better in search of new trails.  I'm also a pretty rabid mountain biker (30 years +) so my focus will still be mainly the dirt.  Pretty sure that I will be able to singletrack fairly well on a CBx RR L3 when the urge arises.

Need to get a seat concepts tall set up on my CBx.  Long legs.  Don't want to put the new cover and foam on my brand new '15 seat base as I have a gal friend from Canada who likes to ride and she would be much better off if I switched back the original seat for her.  Looking at a used 2013 used seat on ebay to put the new cover and foam onto.

I just picked up a new old stock, pulled out from the crate, 2015 CB500x non-abs on Friday.  Paid $5700 OTD.  Decent deal.  If I like it enough, it will get the Rally Raid level 3 treatment.   Looking good so far.

Happy trails

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
Re: Intro and a question: CB500x, are all years seats interchangeable?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
Welcome. As far as I know they are all the same. Easier way to tell is check the part numbers on different years on any of the parts vendors like Babbitts or Partszilla. good luck.
Edit : After checking , the answer is YES. See below. Although this listing only goes up to 2015 , the 2016 and 2017 are also the same.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:22:53 PM by CB-500-X »
The search button is your friend

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage