Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First mini trip  (Read 1652 times)

Offline gmike

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Star, Idaho
Re: First mini trip
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 02:37:54 AM »
I think every things been covered above.

Heck yeah we want pictures !

You are going to have such a big grin when you get to your dads house in West Virginia,  ask him to take a picture of that grin and post it here also.

Enjoy your adventure.
2016 CB500X
2013 CB1100

Offline Uncle Tee

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Memphis
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 07:55:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Celeste1178 >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
Such great advice from everybody! I'm so glad you experienced riders take the time to help me out and keep this forum going.  I'm so glad to be a part of this wonderful community. 
I was thinking the same thing! Cheers, T  :821:
Farkles: A silly little word for things I know nothing about until I read another post and wonder "Why in the world have I not gotten this yet?"

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by Celeste1178 >>>> link hidden <<<<
Such great advice from everybody! I'm so glad you experienced riders take the time to help me out and keep this forum going.  I'm so glad to be a part of this wonderful community.

"This wonderful community" is nothing to do with Honda, it's nothing to do with CB500X it's about bikers. Wherever I've travelled across Europe and a bit in Montana bikers are all the same, approachable and friendly, the common bond of being out there experiencing Wind, Smells and Freedom ( as in not locked in a cage ).
Brian.

Offline Celeste1178

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Yulee, Florida
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 02:06:11 PM »
final stats:
1387 miles traveled
7 states visited
4 rain storms

Complaints:
dry bag was not dry
Gravel on road

successes:
Givi luggage
CB500X was flawless
Scenery and fun roads
Sena20
Givi phone holder
Basically everything about the trip!!!

I went on my first mini trip from Florida to West Virginia and back. Different routes each way. A little off road but not much. It has been a great trip, I've loved every second, even the miserable parts. I've only been riding for 2.5 months and hit 4500 miles total on the bike yesterday. This has done wonders for my skill improvement and my confidence, especially being solo. I have learned so much and am already thinking about what to do for my next trip and this one isn't even finished.

Some details...

The bike (2015 CB500X) performed flawlessly.  I'm 140lb and had at most another 80lb with gear and luggage.  I had interstate, back roads, and a small amount of off road travel.  Power was never an issue and the interstate travel was smooth and easy.  Then engine never seemed to labor.  Once I got into the mountains the transmission responded great and the bike had no issues with steep mountain curves.  I on the other hand had to learn quickly how to take off from a stop on a hill....once I learned to focus on the rear brake instead of trying to juggle the throttle with the front brake I had no issues.  The off-road portion was intimidating to me as I had zero experience but the bike handled it easily.  Again this was in the mountains so lots of hills but the dirt was firm and packed well.  It had rained but was not excessively muddy.  The travel days were 6-9 hours of pretty much straight riding and the bike had no issues there.  MPG was 55-65 depending on the location (flat roads of Florida/Georgia or mountains). 

The accessories were great.  I have givi hard side cases and had no issues.  They were loaded with up to 25lbs of gear each.  I went through 4 rainstorms (a few severe) and the stuff inside remained dry.  I had a soft dry bag on the tail which was not dry.  I ended up just putting the content inside of a trash bag in the bag after the first day and it fixed the issue.  I had a givi phone/gps case which worked very well.  My phone (samsung galaxy 6 active) fit fine, however, the charger needs to be the kind with a right angle at the plug to fit in the case.  I found the cable which came with my sena worked perfectly.  The sena 20s worked flawlessly as well. 

The trip was great! Beautiful scenery, lots of variety with environment, road types and conditions, and great weather. 

Not sure what else anybody would want to know but I can say I had an amazing time and can't wait for the next trip!

Offline Celeste1178

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Yulee, Florida
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 02:09:01 PM »
More pics

Offline julman99

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: NYC
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »
Congratulations!!!!

Now you will be addicted to traveling in your motorcycle! Welcome to the club!  :152: :046:
Follow me at:
>>>> link hidden <<<<
>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Pro
  • My new bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: dl1000 CB500X
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »
That's so cool great job on staying safe. I think your X is the best color of all of them. I maybe a little bis, I feel good reading about your trip. I am going to say it. So proud of you, you are the coolest girl in town. You rock !!! :300:
Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down. Paul Newman

Offline gmike

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Star, Idaho
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 03:26:26 PM »
Well done.  Did you notice folks coming up and talking to you at gas stops, rest areas etc when they see your out of state plates ? Did you notice the envy in their eyes ?  This happens especially when traveling solo.  Reading of your trip, you should my grin and the envy in my eyes even though I have done it many times.

Thanks for sharing

Mike 
2016 CB500X
2013 CB1100

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »
Awesome job Celeste ! You did good.  :169: Thanks for the pics too!

PS
1: what dry bag was that let water in, so we try and avoid it ?
2 : did you leave the Sena on the helmet in the rain?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 05:01:07 PM by CB-500-X »
The search button is your friend

Offline julman99

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: NYC
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by CB-500-X >>>> link hidden <<<<
2 : did you leave the Sena on the helmet in the rain?

I have used (by using I mean recording video and/or listening to music) my Sena 10C many times in all kinds of rain without any issue.
Follow me at:
>>>> link hidden <<<<
>>>> link hidden <<<<

Recent Topics