Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: On-board Camera  (Read 368 times)

tonka and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Uncle Tee

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Memphis
On-board Camera
« on: August 12, 2017, 05:19:34 AM »
I'd like to add a fixed forward focus camera to the GPS bar for capturing wildlife shots. I've got a wide assortment of gopro and accessories I use for family adventures, but the time I spend prepping, setting, checking, downloading, editing and post-production really doesn't help with a surprise 1 second and it's gone shot. Any ideas on a camera I can leave attached, not worry if whether it's on or set. Simple See, Slap, Snap digital like the 35mm disposables of days gone by. Thanks, T
Farkles: A silly little word for things I know nothing about until I read another post and wonder "Why in the world have I not gotten this yet?"

Offline ArchieAdv

• CB500X Member
  • Retired
    • View Profile
  • Bike: RR CB500XAdv
  • City / Town: Claypole, Lincs
Re: On-board Camera
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:43:40 AM »
Hi, Not sure about availability in the US, although I would imagine much greater than the UK but I have a very small camera brand name Maginon sports that I bought from Aldi last year and it produced some excellent pictures and saved onto a 4GB Micro SD Card and only cost ~30.  Comes complete with a waterproof case. all that is required is a 6mm mounting screw and something like a RAM mount platform.  Does still and video. Worked a treat.  See link below.

HtH
Archie
>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
Archie

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 11:13:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Uncle Tee >>>> link hidden <<<<
Any ideas on a camera I can leave attached, not worry if whether it's on or set.

You are more or less describing an "crash cam". Comes on with ignition and keeps overwriting old files on a loop basis.

A cheap and cheerful one with a plastic bag ( hole for lens ) over it and if it get stolen it's no big deal.
Brian.

Offline procrasti

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: St. Gallen
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:03:53 PM »
Maybe this helps...

>>>> link hidden <<<<

>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline Pigeonherd

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Quincy, CA
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 06:56:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by ArchieAdv >>>> link hidden <<<<
Hi, Not sure about availability in the US, although I would imagine much greater than the UK but I have a very small camera brand name Maginon sports that I bought from Aldi last year and it produced some excellent pictures and saved onto a 4GB Micro SD Card and only cost ~30.  Comes complete with a waterproof case. all that is required is a 6mm mounting screw and something like a RAM mount platform.  Does still and video. Worked a treat.  See link below.

HtH
Archie
>>>> link hidden <<<<
Did you have better luck than the reviewer with the video? There was no still image shown that was captured by the cam, and the video they shared they correctly called "horrendous," so unless their video was extraordinarily bad I think this may not actually be an 'action' camera at all but a 30 potato....

Do you mind posting samples?
>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline drjack

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Trenton TN
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 05:19:22 PM »
Check the comments under the article, timmys posted a link to video he shot that is much better.
The intelligent rider uses a quiet pipe.

Offline Uncle Tee

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Memphis
« Reply #6 on: Today at 03:06:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by drjack >>>> link hidden <<<<
Check the comments under the article, timmys posted a link to video he shot that is much better.
That looks as good one of my crash cams that was a deal for 3 times as much. With a G-load power cutoff, tail mounted it would be hard to beat, provided it doesn't require file processing time between end of recording and power shutoff (like GoPro). Cheers, T
Farkles: A silly little word for things I know nothing about until I read another post and wonder "Why in the world have I not gotten this yet?"

Recent Topics