Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Loud horns and more Farkling,  (Read 293 times)

Offline hans

• CB500X Newbie
  • Riding a bike always make me happy
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 8 bikes
  • City / Town: Gramsbergen
Loud horns and more Farkling,
« on: August 12, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
Putting extra parts on your bike I think it's called farkling, well at least on the ST-Riders forum they call it farkling.

On every bike and car we own I change the beeb beeb horn in a set of descent Fiam horns.
So the new CB500Xabs needed a pair also. :169: :169:
This small bike has not that much places to build them on as invisible as possible, and still point the sound in the forward direction.
To often you see bikes equipped with massive horns inside the Tupperware make you sit on a sound bomb but only partly the warning sound is pointed to the front where it is needed.
You can find a complete set of these Fiam horns including a relay under 25. They give a loud but still decent tone with a low and middle tone horn.
It WILL give you the attention in traffic if needed.  :180: :005: :230:

Next to that a centre stand, and the rear foot-pegs are lowered with a set from MFW Germany.
My wife would like to have them a bit lower, but the original exhaust prevents that.
A simple Hugger protect the link and shock for dirt, and a fender extender the front of the engine as well.
Also all our bikes do have a Bagster tank protector / tankbag holder, simply click the tankbag on or of.
The padding gives extra hold to your knees as well.
Replaced the oil filler plug by a oil temp gauge. the oil stays under 80'c

Next thing will be the shock what has to be replaced anyway, whit in 50km from new I had the feeling that the only reason Honda installed this shock was to keep the spring in place. :745:
It will be a Wilbers unit, the factory is just over the border some 45km from where we live.

Pictures can be seen here, as always explaining text under the pictures.

>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login

Hans

Hans ten Broeke
De Hoge Esch 49
7783 CB  Gramsbergen NL

portfolio
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:45:49 PM by hans »
Bikes in our stable; 4 times Honda ST1100 one stay in the USA
CB750 K3, Yamaha SZR660 super mono. Maico GS 370.
Honda CB500xABS

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage