Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ordered the wrong givi racks  (Read 203 times)

Offline motogasoline

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500x
Ordered the wrong givi racks
« on: August 15, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »
I ordered the plx1121 racks for the e22n panniers.  I didn't realize what I did until this morning.   It appears from researching that the plx1121 racks have a curve specifically for the V35 cases.  Anyone else make this mistake?  Any preference to the E22n vs V35 cases?  Looks like I'm going to have to keep the racks or the panniers. 

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: I own 8.
  • City / Town: Upstate,SC USA
Re: Ordered the wrong givi racks
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 05:46:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by motogasoline >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
I ordered the plx1121 racks for the e22n panniers.  I didn't realize what I did until this morning.   It appears from researching that the plx1121 racks have a curve specifically for the V35 cases.  Anyone else make this mistake?  Any preference to the E22n vs V35 cases?  Looks like I'm going to have to keep the racks or the panniers.

The only reason people go with the other racks is that it opens up a whole lot of other case/ pannier options. I currently have two non Givi/Kappa set ups on my Givi racks. The ones I use for road touring is JC Whitney medium Garage-Pro trunks mounted like side cases and large size silver aluminum Tusk panniers for off road riding. It's all about preference. Do you want more options for storage, or will the V35 cases work? I admit it the V35 set up is a pretty sleek touring set up. It looks good and is a sleek design that conforms to the bikes curves.
Artist also known as ben2go.
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Online Harry

• CB500X Pro
  • Ride safe / Ride forever
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X white
  • City / Town: Christchurch
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 08:25:05 AM »
I have the E22's. I chose them for their top loading and slim profile.
I figure that the top loading is easier to pack stuff into and nothing falls out when opened, they should have a more reliable waterproofing closure. Not having ever owned side loading panniers this is all a guess.
However the slim profile means that with the panniers on the width is still less than my bar-end to bar-end width.

Cheers.
CB500XA - 2014
CBR250r - 2011
GSX250 - 2005

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Member
  • My new bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: dl1000 CB500X
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 02:58:49 PM »
I had a time with my order with a local dealer and ended up with the E22's the dealer insisted the 35 racks would not workon the CBX. I have enjoyed the side cases. I have been in down pours on the road at 70 mph for 200 miles and not one drop of water. They snap on and off with one hand, they will work on either side so there is no right or left case. the rack is clean easy to clean behind, and has room to mount wielding rod cases behind the side cases. I found some nice cheap document tubes for storing manuals for heavy equipment on amazon. Here is the link  >>>> link hidden <<<<
Great way to store a plug kit and I put chain lube in one if I ride long enough that I will need it away from home. I have not mounted a center stand yet so I put the 1/2" conduct I use to lift the rear in one to services the chain and clean the rear wheel and tire.
Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down. Paul Newman

Offline motogasoline

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 04:54:59 PM »
I had originally decided on the E22 panniers but after ordering the wrong racks for them wound up ordering the v35 panniers.  If I had known I was going to spend this much I would likely have just ordered Honda bags.  The V35s do seem to fit the contours of the bike nicely.  The E22s seem so far away front the bike I'm guessing the V35s might not stick out much further than the E22s? 

Offline motogasoline

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl >>>> link hidden <<<<
The only reason people go with the other racks is that it opens up a whole lot of other case/ pannier options. I currently have two non Givi/Kappa set ups on my Givi racks. The ones I use for road touring is JC Whitney medium Garage-Pro trunks mounted like side cases and large size silver aluminum Tusk panniers for off road riding. It's all about preference. Do you want more options for storage, or will the V35 cases work? I admit it the V35 set up is a pretty sleek touring set up. It looks good and is a sleek design that conforms to the bikes curves.

I have one of the trunks you use as a trunk.  I seriously considered going that route. 

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: I own 8.
  • City / Town: Upstate,SC USA
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 05:48:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by motogasoline >>>> link hidden <<<<
I had originally decided on the E22 panniers but after ordering the wrong racks for them wound up ordering the v35 panniers.  If I had known I was going to spend this much I would likely have just ordered Honda bags.  The V35s do seem to fit the contours of the bike nicely.  The E22s seem so far away front the bike I'm guessing the V35s might not stick out much further than the E22s?

The Honda set up is cheap and flimsy. A lot of reports have been made about lock and hinge problems.

I ordered my Givi set up from Italy and it was not very much at all. >>>> link hidden <<<<
Artist also known as ben2go.
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Recent Topics