Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clicking noise from front of bike  (Read 842 times)

Offline Kite

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Oxford
Clicking noise from front of bike
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
Hello,
I have a clicking sound coming from the front of my bike, which is most obvious as I come off the brakes at the approach to a junction. I thought at first it might be a problem with the forks, but when I push the front wheel up against a wall, and bounce the forks up and down there is no noise. As soon as I try doing the same with the front brake applied a clicking noise occurs. I was going to take the caliper off and give the brakes a good clean, but  I'm worried about the ABS system - having never had a bike with ABS before I'm wondering whether I can remove the caliper in the normal way ?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the bike is a 2016 model and has done just under 5000 miles.

Regards,
Kite.

Offline Tod.

• CB500X Pro
  • Welsh, by the grace of God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Basildon
Re: Clicking noise from front of bike
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 05:23:47 AM »
The ABS has nothing to do with the calliper removal. It's a sensor operating from the slotted disc on the front wheel. So calliper removal is as normal. Don't forget to locktite the bolts when refitting. But before removal, get help in isolating the clicking sound, so you know exactly what your going to fix.

Offline mactools22

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500x
  • City / Town: va beach
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 01:05:56 PM »
my,  2016 also just starting making a clicking noise in front when making quick stop at traffic light from 45 mph to zero-223 miles, does not making clicking when slowing down normally, will have to ride more to determine cause-

Offline jsonder

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
  • City / Town: Green Valley, AZ
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 06:13:51 PM »
Could you be binding the front brake hard enough to activate the ABS?  When activated, the ABS makes a clicking noise.
John  '14CB500XA (Daily Rider),  '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
>>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login

Offline mactools22

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500x
  • City / Town: va beach
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »
my bad- non ABS model

Offline Nortoon

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 05:51:02 PM »
My CB500XA made a clicking noise on roughly paved road. I assumed it was the Scorpions picking up tiny gravel.

It disappeared when I changed my tires to Michelin Pilot Road 3s. They were great on pavement, but not on gravel roads.

Offline julman99

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: NYC
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 02:55:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kite >>>> link hidden <<<<
Hello,
I have a clicking sound coming from the front of my bike, which is most obvious as I come off the brakes at the approach to a junction. I thought at first it might be a problem with the forks, but when I push the front wheel up against a wall, and bounce the forks up and down there is no noise. As soon as I try doing the same with the front brake applied a clicking noise occurs. I was going to take the caliper off and give the brakes a good clean, but  I'm worried about the ABS system - having never had a bike with ABS before I'm wondering whether I can remove the caliper in the normal way ?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the bike is a 2016 model and has done just under 5000 miles.

Regards,
Kite.

Mine does the same since it was almost new. I am pretty sure it is the brake pad moving in the caliper
Follow me at:
>>>> link hidden <<<<
>>>> link hidden <<<<

Offline Pocketpete

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2017
  • City / Town: Gee Cross
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 08:20:02 AM »
Mine used to do this until I changed my tyres. Now it's smooth and quiet on the pr4,s

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage