Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Magura Hymec.  (Read 1580 times)

Offline macamxthe1st

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph T100
Magura Hymec.
« on: September 09, 2017, 12:22:32 PM »
Has anyone fitted a Magura Hymec clutch conversion to their bike. I have enquired but they don't do a specific kit for the X yet and you have to order individual components so thought it was worth checking if anyone has done this exercise yet?

Geoff.
Heated grips, gear position indicator, grip puppies, fenda extenda, tank protector, Michelin PR4's with "Tyre seal installed", shaved seat, rack and Givi Blade top box, rear hugger, sidestand plate, center stand, Hawk accessory bar with spotlights, Daneli mini soundbomb, Givi XS319 tanklock bag, loobman oiler, Evotech radiator guard, Fuel Micro Mini minus baffle and a liberal coating of Acf50 oh and a detachable sheepskin seat pad, lovely.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
Re: Magura Hymec.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:43:29 PM »
I prefer not having a hydraulic clutch due to the issues that can crop up and cause problems. If you're looking for a softer clutch feel try something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Outlaw-Racing-OREP-Clutch-Kawasaki/dp/B00F4BZLY0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1504986004&sr=8-4&keywords=easy+pull+clutch&linkCode=ll1&tag=manicycl-20&linkId=a6af63b5b0244adb9867d1f14af5cc21

Various videos on the unit I posted.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=outlaw+easy+pull+clutch+kit

Offline timur

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Madrid
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 01:56:57 PM »
Seems to be too late to reply but maybe another people are interested in Magura Hymec installation, so I'll describe my experience.

I put Magura basically because I was searching for more constant engage point since the clutch freeplay is automatically adjusted. More light clutch clutch is another benefit but I should say that not everything is benefits. The feeling is a little bit less precise than with new and well lubricated cable.

Anyway - in my case I'm very happy with it - during 2 years and almost 25000km with a lot of commuting with sun, rain and snow it didn't give me any problem. The unique maintenhance I did is to put some fresh grease in clutch lever shaft and in master cylinder pushrod. The reference in Magura catalogue is 2100001 - is the same Hymec kit that for the NC750 and NC700.

So, here is the installation process.

- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the clutch cover. The reason is the little spring located on clutch lifter arm inside the rigth engine cover. This spring creates a force on a clutch lifter arm and can makes the hydraulic actuator to doesn't adjust the freeplay properly. So you need to remove it. Sylicone gasket can make the process bit tricky so be carefull and don't damage the cover.

- With the cover separated extract the clutch lifter arm and remove the spring. Insert in its original place the lifter arm without the spring (the spring you can see on a foto is what you need to remove).

- Clean the old sylicone gasket from the cover gasket surface and the crankcase. Use a proper high temperature sylicone gasket for the sealing.
- Put the cover in its place and tighten the bolts to 12 Nm.
- Refill the oil.

The rest of the operation is quite straightforward - remove the clutch lever support and extract the clutch cable from under the gas tank. It should go out without problems. In my case the Hymec kit was preassembled and filled from fabric so there was no need to filling or bleeding. Just need to guide the cable under the fairing and insert the actuator in the cluth cable holder and mount the master clyinder on handlebar.

So everything is on its place. Now we need to give it a final touch.

- Magura cames with a clutch switch but the connector is not the same that the CB500X ones. So the connection should be made - in my case I welded the cables without connectors. You can use the welding or to search for a proper waterproof connector.

- We need to adjust the actuator position - in its original state the actuator is too close to the lifter arm so we need to use 2-3 washers or spacers with 4mm of total length (internal diameter 8mm).

And here is the result:

And don't forget to check for possible oil leaking from the clutch cover before testing your hydraulic clutch on a road XD

Regards!

Online motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »
Very good to know for those with a pre 2019
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »
I hadn't seen this before. Very interesting. Thank you outlining the process as well.  :821:

Offline glencoeman

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 05:34:34 PM »
I had one fitted to a Honda NC700S I used to own and it did make the clutch action a lot lighter in use. I didn't remove the clutch cover as I just basically swapped it with the clutch cable, making fitting a very simple job. The only niggle fitting it was the wiring for the clutch cut out switch. I still have the kit as I removed it before I sold the NC700S kit (part no. 200001) if anyone in the UK is interested.

Online jkeesaman

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA 16'
  • City / Town: San Diego, CA
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 10:27:33 PM »
How is the hydraulic line length vs the factory cable, is there a bit extra length to accommodate the Rally Raid kits?

*Originally Posted by timur [+]
Seems to be too late to reply but maybe another people are interested in Magura Hymec installation, so I'll describe my experience.

Offline timur

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Madrid
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 02:15:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by jkeesaman [+]
How is the hydraulic line length vs the factory cable, is there a bit extra length to accommodate the Rally Raid kits?

Magura hydraulic line length - 1045 mm
Stock cable housing - about 930 mm

The unique problem can be a handlebar diameter if you installed a different one.

Regards

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage