Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Doing cheap suspension upgrade (racetech forks and GSXR shock) - Tips?  (Read 12740 times)

Offline Riversalt

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Uberlndia-MG
Would you have pictures of your work?

Online Oyabun

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 500XA, 16 FA
  • City / Town: Europe
*Originally Posted by bones33 [+]
I like a soft, really plush suspension.  I've settled on the following set-up.

Racetech emulators on the softest setting, drilled damper rods, 15wt oil.

GSXR750 shock with triangles set as follows to provide additional leverage to the shock, making it softer and increasing travel to just over 6": Swingarm to shock, 82mm side. Swingarm to dogbone, 90mm side.  This requires grinding of the mounting tab on the swingarm (non structural) to provide clearance to the shock spring.

Sounds like a great work. I also like plush, but well dampen suspension.
For further upgrading the front, you can use the '19 damper rods. They allow 10-15mm more travel to match the 6" rear travel, and have revised rebound circuit so you could potentially use lower viscosity fork fluid for even better compliance. Also the '19 springs are a great improvement over earlier ones, less harsh step up in spring rate close ro rhe end of the travel.

Offline Riversalt

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
I do not have good English to find help here in the forum, but I want to know the low cost solution for the rear and front suspension of the X, in the back I have seen the recommendations of the CBR600 and CBR900 personnel but what to do with the lead?
Thank you

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
'99 CBR600F4 shock if you rebuild it with a proper spring and Racetech kit, a longer hose should be easy to install to mount the reservoir where you want it. Most people add 2 inches to the length, 50-60mm.

Offline Riversalt

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
Yes brake ABS?

Online Oyabun

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
*Originally Posted by Riversalt [+]
Yes brake ABS?
Yes, the CBR shock is compatible with ABS models.

Offline Riversalt

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
*Originally Posted by Oyabun [+]
Yes, the CBR shock is compatible with ABS models.

Thank you.
I've been looking at the Schok Honda NC700 / 750X it looks like a simple and low-cost alternative 150mm Gas x 118mm without Gas CB500X what about that?

Online Oyabun

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
*Originally Posted by Riversalt [+]
Thank you.
I've been looking at the Schok Honda NC700 / 750X it looks like a simple and low-cost alternative 150mm Gas x 118mm without Gas CB500X what about that?
Will not work on pre-19 models, NC700/750 has different bottom mounting.
19 models have similar mounts as the NC series, but I have no information if they'd fit. Nevertheless, the stock NC shocks are the same lower shelf oem units as the CB, I see no point in using those.

Offline Riversalt

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
Will not work on pre-19 models, NC700/750 has different bottom mounting.
19 models have similar mounts as the NC series, but I have no information if they'd fit. Nevertheless, the stock NC shocks are the same lower shelf oem units as the CB, I see no point in using those.

So I should stay on the CBR 600F4 99/2000 as the best alternative at the moment, but would it look bad just by jumping another one without changing the springs etc? The costs of upgrades here in my region are very high.

Offline Riversalt

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
Looking for topics that talks about front suspension, adjustments etc, I am seeing of changing the spring of my Cb 2015 which is different from the 16 to 19.

Recent Topics