Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: London calling  (Read 2018 times)

Offline staib

• CB500X Member
  • Black '13 CB500X
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black CB500X
  • City / Town: SW London
London calling
« on: June 18, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »
Hi guys,

I am hoping my dealer will sort out a CB500X for me... tomorrow!

It involves him swapping an NC700 with a different dealer, who had the black CB500X I wanted in stock, and me part exchanging my old CB500S and raising a bit more dosh as well   :007:

I have ridden small bikes like 125cc VanVans around Europe, including one non-stop run to the Italian Alps. And owned others (CB250, CB400, Shadow 750, X9 500, R65, K100, even an H-D Sportster) but am now really looking forward to this mid-sized wannabe off-roading adventurer   :018:

Will report back once I have something to show!

Cheers,
Nick

Offline cornishrider

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X, T140V
  • City / Town: Torpoint
Re: London calling
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 06:03:43 PM »
Good on ya! I got mine for doing some long distance stuff too.  Though not sure about the off road bit - but good for poor roads and dirt tracks I should think.
Time flies like an arrow
     Fruit flies like bananas

Offline staib

• CB500X Member
  • Black '13 CB500X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 09:46:21 AM »
Well, I picked up my black X on Saturday morning and have been busy riding (down to Portsmouth and back on Sat evening) and showing her off to my mates at the Ace on Sunday morning.

It was Suzuki Owners day at the Ace Cafe, but I turned it into Honda Day, judging by the admiring crowds and comments  :008:

I thought I would share a few more pictures here as well...

If anyone is still waiting, trust me, THE WAIT IS WORTH IT!

Cheers all,
Nick

Offline Ridelightning

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 06:29:56 PM »
Hi Nick,

Looks like we have similar tastes in bikes (great looking bike and great colour  :001:) and nice to see you on this forum.  I am sure your bike must have been quite the star at the Ace yesterday.  I went as well but late afternoon with the Grasstracker (which the Suzuki people had never seen, how is that possible  :112:) so must have missed you.  Did you sell the VanVan ?

Offline staib

• CB500X Member
  • Black '13 CB500X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »
 Yo Lightning! I wondered if that was you when I saw your 'name' here  :002:. No, still got the white VanVan, but I sold a blue '02 CB500s that I had bought back in Oct last year. That one impressed me enough, that I was interested in test riding the new model. And that was that!

I was offered exactly what I had paid for the CB last year, so it seemed silly not to upgrade!

Just back from an evening urban ride. It's going to be pretty tough keeping to just 30mph!

Let me know if you are going back to the Ace, and I'll swing up that way if I possibly can  :002:

Cheers,
Nick

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage