Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Snowy ride home !  (Read 1013 times)

Offline AJC500

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
Re: Snowy ride home !
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »
Way back in '69, riding to school in the snow on my Royal Enfield 250 with a pal on the back, last corner before the school gates and down we went......left us lying, laughing, in the middle of the road, stuck under the bike!  :008:

No snow riding for me thanks!!  :034:
The Story So Far.........

Offline Stoater14

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Cambridge
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
Respect! Done that!! Its ok so long as you don't want to steer or stop.
Note Gerbing jacket liner makes life a lot more pleasant!!

Online TheGnome

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Fredericton
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 01:45:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by left22 [+]
In Calgary its +8 today. The snow we had has melted and yesterday I saw a lot of riders out. Sadly I put my bike in storage (no garage) with the first snow fall in October.
The warm temperatures in Calgary is unusual but maybe this is the new normal.

I'm in the same boat here in New Brunswick.  No garage, so I changed the oil, gave the bike a good cleaning, topped off the gas tank, added fuel stabilizer, took out the battery and put her in storage for the winter in the first week of November.  But we've had several really nice warm days that would've been perfect for riding since.

Climate change is playing merry havoc with the weather.
Far off in the unfashionable backwaters of Eastern Canada

Online EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 02:12:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by TheGnome [+]
I'm in the same boat here in New Brunswick.  No garage, so I changed the oil, gave the bike a good cleaning, topped off the gas tank, added fuel stabilizer, took out the battery and put her in storage for the winter in the first week of November.  But we've had several really nice warm days that would've been perfect for riding since.

Climate change is playing merry havoc with the weather.

I am usually too busy to ride in November and December. Other than that, I usually ride year round.

It's hard to believe in global warming when we had an early December snow in the south-east. We rarely get snow in my area. When we do, it's usually between mid-January and March. We got 4 inches last week. In 40 years, I have seen early morning snows change over to rain twice before January. Once the week before Thanksgiving in November and the other in late December. I think Jack Frost and Mother Nature have been having bipolar sex.  :745:
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage