Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Silver CB500X owner  (Read 1632 times)

Offline AJC500

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
Re: New Silver CB500X owner
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 09:10:06 AM »
I must be easily pleased - I have a cheap helmet,  normal ear plugs and the 2017 screen in its standard position, and have no complaints about noise or buffeting!! 5'10"ish.....

Is it maybe because I have come from a naked bike??  :187:
The Story So Far.........
2017 and 2018: 8000miles recreational use - 89.82mpg UK; 74.79mpg US; 3.14litres/100km

Offline abys

• CB500X Member
  • Bike born 09 Dec 2017
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by SnowOwl [+]
Seems to me there is an area from the top of the screen to almost a foot up that is very turbulent air flow.  That is why I moved my screen up so high.  With the screen down in the OEM positions the turbulence hits me in the face and makes for excessive wind noise and buffeting of my head.  If I stand up on the pegs the air flow is very smooth but is too much pressure pushing my head back and still too much noise.  With the extension brackets I made the screen is about 8 inches above the OEM top position and there is a relatively quiet pocket from just below my chin to right at the top of my helmet.  With that wind screen position I am good for my daily commute.  When I go on longer trips like the two hours to my parents I wear ear plugs that seal out the noise very well.  The main reason I dont wear the ear plugs all the time is because with my poor hearing combined with the ear plugs I am essentially deaf.  I had someone walk up behind me and start talking while fueling up and I didnt even know they were there.  So for daily commuting which is 2/3 at 45mph and below I just turn my hearing aids all the way down.  That way I have some hearing of the traffic around me.

I noticed very little difference this morning from putting as many washers on the bottom two screen bolts. I will try moving the screen up today before leaving work and see what that does... I really don't want to change the screen unless I really need to... I got the tinted one, and I really like it. :) I also want to keep away from wearing ear plugs if i can...
Andy
2017 Sword Silver CB500XAH
Tinted screen, Centre stand, Rear hugger/chain guard, Knuckle guards, Oxford heated grips, 12v Socket, Gear Indicator, Front fender extender. ACF50

Offline abys

• CB500X Member
  • Bike born 09 Dec 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by AJC500 [+]
I must be easily pleased - I have a cheap helmet,  normal ear plugs and the 2017 screen in its standard position, and have no complaints about noise or buffeting!! 5'10"ish.....

Is it maybe because I have come from a naked bike??  :187:

This supports my idea that i am just too short!  :008: My 125 was almost naked too... :)
Andy
Tinted screen, Centre stand, Rear hugger/chain guard, Knuckle guards, Oxford heated grips, 12v Socket, Gear Indicator, Front fender extender. ACF50

Offline chezza

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: cb500-xah
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »
Good work, yeah got similar discount on mine - end of year sales chasing :) - If he had said free fitting I would of snapped his hand off, but wasnt budging. 

Just need to wait until Wednesday now.

Cheers
Gav

Offline abys

• CB500X Member
  • Bike born 09 Dec 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 11:13:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by chezza [+]
Good work, yeah got similar discount on mine - end of year sales chasing :) - If he had said free fitting I would of snapped his hand off, but wasnt budging. 

Just need to wait until Wednesday now.

Cheers
Gav
I had to wait two weeks from confirming the order to collecting, It seemed to take forever, but it was worth it... (The extra week was because they had to order the silver one in especially as thats the least popular one apparently)
It'll come soon enough mate. Looking forward to getting 300 miles on the clock so I can ride more enthusiastically :) :300:
Andy

Offline SnowOwl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: SE Missouri
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
I highly recommend the front fender extender.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/fenda-extenda-fender-extender-by-pyramid-plastics-honda-cb500f-cb500x-cbr500r-2013-2014

It keeps the gravel and road dirt off the radiator.  The one I got used double stick tape and plastic rivets to hold it on.  You have to drill holes in the OEM fender and the extender to use the rivets.  I didn't want to drill it and thought it looked tacky.  So I washed both the fender and extender and cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.  Then used JB Weld epoxy to glue them together.  I put the epoxy where they said to put the tape and rivets and then clamped it up and let it sit 24 hours for a full cure on the epoxy.  It looks good and does a great job of keeping the radiator clean and dent free.
1980 Suzuki GS250T - Sold a long time ago
------------
1982 Suzuki PE175 - For exploring the farm with the dog
2016 Honda CB500X ABS - All round commuter and day trips

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Pro
  • Let's Ride Enjoying the outdoors aboard the CBX
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBX
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 03:43:20 PM »
Glad you are here, I did a mod kind of like SnowOwl it makes it much better. Enjoy your new bike be safe the dealer really did a good job with all the add on's. I am hoping Santa brings me some heated grips. I have been very good. LOL

Offline cwjb

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Wilmington, IL
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 12:01:38 AM »
Welcome. Great looking bike. We don't have that color option available here.

Recent Topics