Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 1729 times)

Online Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 08:07:41 PM »
I can't unsee it though!   :008:

/breathes deep.

Offline julman99

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Africa Twin
  • City / Town: NYC
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 08:51:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by SnowOwl [+]
Take a deep breath and repeat after me... "It's just a budget bike....It's just a budget bike....It's just a budget bike" and then slowly let out the rest of your breath.  Repeat as needed until you are relaxed.  :186:

+1!!!

Mine has also some "squareness" issues between the front cowl and the rest of the frame (for example, windshield mounts are not equidistant [by 1cm] from end of handlebars and gas cap). It was like that since it was brand new, I was concerned and went to the dealer thinking I may have gotten a lemon or something, and I saw another X in the showroom with the exact same deviation as you are showing here, and another with something similar as mine, so I didn't even complain.

It is a budget bike that can take abuse and get you anywhere reliably. Honda needed to save money and I rather have them save money in plastic alignments than drivetrain reliability.

If it drives in a straight line and feels planted when turning and/or braking, I would say is just a front cowl issue. Maybe if you loosen the two front cowl bolts and realign the whole thing it would look centered.

Offline RobotGuy

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X
  • City / Town: Baden, Ontario
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 08:54:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
[Am I just being too much of a perfectionist? Surely these things should be built with 100% symmetry?
You wouldn't be fun to live with, that's for sure... My advice is don't stare at it and keep your head up as you ride... :306:
2017 Honda CB500X (red)

Online Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 09:00:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobotGuy [+]
You wouldn't be fun to live with, that's for sure... My advice is don't stare at it and keep your head up as you ride... :306:

Aww don't say that, I'm great fun.  I just assumed (wrongly it seems) that engineering would be rather precise regardless of budget, this isn't some 1500 Chinese knock off! As I said it's something I only recently noticed after 1000 miles of happiness, with my head up.

Offline goldfever

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
  • City / Town: Bristol UK
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
I can't unsee it though!   :008:

+1 That would annoy me too. But I am a douchebag and not fun to live with...
Hawk

Offline macamxthe1st

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph T100
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:44 PM »
For the last 50 years I have been convinced that every bike that I have ridden has had a symetry issue. I know that it's me as the perceived issue is always to the same side, but try as might I just can't shake it.

Geoff.
Heated grips, gear position indicator, grip puppies, fenda extenda, tank protector, Michelin PR4's with "Tyre seal installed", shaved seat, rack and Givi Blade top box, rear hugger, sidestand plate, center stand, Hawk accessory bar with spotlights, Daneli mini soundbomb, Givi XS319 tanklock bag, loobman oiler, Evotech radiator guard, Fuel Micro Mini minus baffle and a liberal coating of Acf50 oh and a detachable sheepskin seat pad, lovely.

Online Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 09:37:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by macamxthe1st [+]
For the last 50 years I have been convinced that every bike that I have ridden has had a symetry issue. I know that it's me as the perceived issue is always to the same side, but try as might I just can't shake it.

Geoff.

Haha now you mention it I'm the same. Even just sitting on a bike I feel like I myself am off centre. There surely has to be something scientific in this? Maybe my limbs are shorter on one side?   :008:

Offline macamxthe1st

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph T100
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 09:48:11 PM »
Thank goodness it isn't just me. 

Geoff.
Heated grips, gear position indicator, grip puppies, fenda extenda, tank protector, Michelin PR4's with "Tyre seal installed", shaved seat, rack and Givi Blade top box, rear hugger, sidestand plate, center stand, Hawk accessory bar with spotlights, Daneli mini soundbomb, Givi XS319 tanklock bag, loobman oiler, Evotech radiator guard, Fuel Micro Mini minus baffle and a liberal coating of Acf50 oh and a detachable sheepskin seat pad, lovely.

Offline Winchester

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 CB500XABS
  • City / Town: Blue Ridge Mtns
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 12:53:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by SnowOwl [+]
Take a deep breath and repeat after me... "It's just a budget bike....It's just a budget bike....It's just a budget bike" and then slowly let out the rest of your breath.  Repeat as needed until you are relaxed.  :186:

You're right...and it used up ALL my budget.  :307:

I pick up my 2018 later this week. I will not look down...I will not look down! That ought'a fix it.  :017:

Cheers everyone.
"Just about any rider can go really fastbut, it takes a Great rider to go really, really slow."

Online CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 01:12:26 AM »
You do know that this is not really a Japanese bike right ?

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage