Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Valve Clearance - How To  (Read 29665 times)

Offline HerrDeacon

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
Re: Valve Clearance - How To
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2018, 01:18:29 PM »
I'm in the middle of doing mine (currently waiting on shims) and I have the Givi bars. I never took mine off but feel it would have been easier with them removed.

All my intake clearances were spot on, no need to adjust any. Three of the exhaust clearances were still in spec but going to adjust anyway just to put them in the middle of the range. Oddly one valve clearance was pretty loose, never encountered a loose clearance before. If it wasn't for this one I probably would have just buttoned it back up but since this once needed attention I decided to bring all the exhaust valves to the middle of the range.

Offline CalmBiker

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA 2015
  • City / Town: Beverley
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2018, 05:36:22 PM »
Is there a button I can press to say that the OP is awesome?

Offline Gills

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Chesterfield
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2018, 08:58:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by CalmBiker [+]
Is there a button I can press to say that the OP is awesome?

No, but thank you!

It would be good to have a "Like" or "Thumbs up" button next to a post - I'd find that a handy feature.

Offline Celeste1178

• CB500X Pro
  • Hi everybody!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Yulee, Florida
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2018, 01:19:07 AM »
I did my first valve clearance check yesterday and thanks to this post I was able to do it myself... thank you!!! Everything was in specs so no shims needed.  Only comment I have is instead of removing the crankcase cover I just put the bike into 6th gear and moved the rear wheel to adjust for intake and exhaust.

Thanks!!

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage