Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SW-Motech question about side racks  (Read 2681 times)

Offline BigEnso

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Chiang Mai
SW-Motech question about side racks
« on: March 21, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »
Hi all.

Just recently got a 2016 CM500X and starting to kit it out. I'm looking at the SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO Side Carriers to use with the GIVI E22 bags.

The question I have is related to the carriers. Basically SW-Motech lists 2 versions for the 2016 CB500X. One is designated PC46 https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/HONDA/CB500X/2016/PC46/products/luggage/side+carrier/EVO+carrier/4052572023884.htm and the other is PC59 https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/HONDA/CB500X/2016/PC59/products/luggage/side+carrier/EVO+carrier/4052572023884.htm. I searched the SW-Motch site and did a search here but did not find anything that talked about the difference between the two. I'm sure there most be some difference since there are two different numbers but I haven't found any.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience concerning the difference?

Thanks

David
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

Offline mark-forrest

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x, VanVan
  • City / Town: Preston, UK
Re: SW-Motech question about side racks
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 01:50:29 PM »
Just had a look and they seem to be the same part, if you look the EAN and ART numbers are identical, maybe just a way to separate the older models from the newer ones on the website as a few other bits did change. Such as the screen.

Mark

Offline BigEnso

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »
Could be but sure seems like a strange way to do it especially if there is no explanation about the difference in numbering for what looks like exactly the same thing. Guess I'll have to drop them a note and see what is going on.

David
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison

Offline circuitjc

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 CB500XAH ABS
  • City / Town: Sarnia
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 09:58:46 PM »
It is in the titles of the parts in the links you provided.

One set is for up to 2016 models and the other is for 2017 up.

EDIT: Oh I see now. It does list -16 and 16-.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:02:28 PM by circuitjc »
2017 CB500XAH ABS
SW-Motech Crash Bars / Bash Plate / TRAX ADV Panniers / 350 Dry Bag on ALU-RACK, R&G Rad Guard, Honda Heated Grips / Centre Stand, BarkBuster Storms, RAM Handlebar bolt mount w/X-Grip, Custom USB Rapid charger/Zumo396/Corbin Seat

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God-zilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 06:15:06 PM »
The mounts on the passenger right foot peg are different after 2015 or 2016 and require a different mount on that side.

Offline SnowOwl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: SE Missouri
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »
The muffler attach point on the right passenger peg bracket changed from 2017 on with the new muffler.  Any luggage brackets that use this mounting point will also have to be a bit different.
1980 Suzuki GS250T - Sold a long time ago
------------
1982 Suzuki PE175 - For exploring the farm with the dog
2016 Honda CB500X ABS - All round commuter and day trips

Offline BigEnso

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 06:57:10 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys.

I sent a message to SW-Motech and asked the question. With luck I'll get a reply in a few days. I'll post the info I get back.

David

Offline BigEnso

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 11:49:46 AM »
Well I heard back from SW-Motech and got an answer of sorts.

While they did not give me an answer about what is different between the PC46 and PC59 versions, they did tell me that either would fit my bike. I guess I'll give them a very close look at the dealer (if they have both version) to see if I can see anything.

David

Offline manray

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Puerto Escondido
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 01:37:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by BigEnso [+]
Well I heard back from SW-Motech and got an answer of sorts.

While they did not give me an answer about what is different between the PC46 and PC59 versions, they did tell me that either would fit my bike. I guess I'll give them a very close look at the dealer (if they have both version) to see if I can see anything.

David

Thanks for passing along the update.  Have you had a chance to see if there are any differences at the dealership? 

FYI, the links that you provided in your original post have been changed.  It appears SW Motech merged both pages into one page.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:43:34 AM by manray »

Offline BigEnso

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 06:54:20 AM »
Sorry for the delayed update.

Ordered what was marked as the PC59 side racks. The guys at the shop struggled a bit putting them on so when I got back to the house, I found that they had managed to install them improperly. Did a full removal and reinstall and they were a perfect fit. Added the GIVI fitment kit and the GIVI N21 side cases.

Overall I am quite happy with the fit and ease of attachment and removal.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage