Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: I have ordered my CB500X  (Read 3184 times)

Offline baggy

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: West Midlands
I have ordered my CB500X
« on: June 29, 2013, 07:51:41 PM »
Well today I took out a CB500R and an NC700X for test rides, I wanted to take out a CB500X not the R but they didn't have one as a demo.

To cut a long story short I loved the CB500 engine, it's not anywhere near as powerful as my Fazer 1000 but in the rev range I use commuting between 3K-6k rpm it pulls much much better in that range.

I still can't believe how well the parallel V-Twin pulls and I got it up to 90mph in a respectable time with some left to go if needed.

I like the NC700X seating position but wasn't as impressed with the engine, the fact it hit the Rev limiter at 6.5K rpm didn't bother me but the engine just didn't pick up speed like the CB500 and vibrated more.

The storage compartment is a good idea but the lid felt a bit flimsy and the compartment would have been better to use if it was top box shaped (squarer) and not helmet shaped to get larger items in.

I also didn't like the filler cap under the pillion seat, it looks like it would have been awkward to get a petrol pump nozzle into.

So I decided to combine the riding position of the NC with the CB engine and bought a CB500X.

If I had just ridden the NC then I would have been happy with the niggles, but riding it back to back with the CB the CB engine is much smoother and accelerated and responds better.

There's an order wait of end of August but luckily Sutton Motorcycles had a white unregistered one in the showroom I liked so I am having that one.

I asked about some extras and have ordered the hand guards. I also wanted a top box but GIVI don't do one yet and I am not paying 430 for a 35 litre Honda one, even with the offer of 10% off.

I also asked about the touring pack but that was 1350!!!!!

Here's a photo of what she looks like and I pick her up next Saturday.

Offline Cam

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Black CB500x
  • City / Town: Sydney
Re: I have ordered my CB500X
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:56:06 AM »
Well done mate!  Looking forward to seeing the pics when ya get it  :028:

Must seem like a long wait until August? I was lucky and found one here in Sydney quite quickly.  My local dealer had also run out until August.  Seems like they are gonna be a popular model!  :821:

Offline piston broke

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hua Hin
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »
well done that man !

Offline baggy

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: West Midlands