Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SOLD Scotts damper with pin mount ,Rally raid SOLD  (Read 593 times)

Offline stener

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: canada
SOLD Scotts damper with pin mount ,Rally raid SOLD
« on: March 30, 2018, 06:15:44 PM »
Ohlins scott damper off road version,with Rally raid pin mount,step down arm. works with RR upper triple clamp.In good condition .375.00 canadian

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:22:04 AM by stener »

hasten2

Re: Scotts damper with pin mount ,Rally raid
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 01:46:55 AM »
I am interested, I will send you a PM

Offline bananachunks

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 CB500XA
  • City / Town: San Francisco
Re: SOLD Scotts damper with pin mount ,Rally raid SOLD
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 06:20:42 PM »
Hi

To the OP, buyer, or anyone else:  The two spacers in the second pic that fit between the Scotts damper and the upper triple clamp - where do those come from?  Are they included with the RRP pin mount kit, or the RRP upper triple clamp, or the Scotts damper?  Somewhere else?

I have a RRP Level 2 kit on order, and I'd like to take advantage of the Scotts damper mount on the upper triple clamp, either with my current top-mount chinese damper, or a Scotts damper if that doesn't work out, but I will need to know where to get those spacers from.

TIA
Rally Raid: Engine guard / bash plate, Pannier racks, Wide pegs, Rear brake reservoir guard, ABS switch, Radiator screen, kickstand shoe. Barkbuster/Storm. Palmer windshield adjuster w/ accessory bar. Savage steering damper, fork brace, levers, rear rack, and engine guard/light bar. Givi Trekker Outback 42L Top Case and Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddlebags. 18W 4" spot/flood pods. Scorpion Serket Taper slip-on.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 06:34:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by bananachunks [+]
Hi

To the OP, buyer, or anyone else:  The two spacers in the second pic that fit between the Scotts damper and the upper triple clamp - where do those come from?  Are they included with the RRP pin mount kit, or the RRP upper triple clamp, or the Scotts damper?  Somewhere else?

I have a RRP Level 2 kit on order, and I'd like to take advantage of the Scotts damper mount on the upper triple clamp, either with my current top-mount chinese damper, or a Scotts damper if that doesn't work out, but I will need to know where to get those spacers from.

TIA

don't wish to sound sarcastic, but search for 'stainless steel spacers and stand offs' on ebay....it'll be apparent  what size you'll need by measuring the gap when you trial fit the damper ...drop RR an email...they should have the dimensions...I'd assume they are supplied with RR kit
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 06:38:11 PM by Jonathan »

Offline bananachunks

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 06:51:17 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply/assist - filing this away as a possible route to go (and was not aware of the term "stand off", so thanks!). 

I'm hoping that these spacers are included somewhere (most likely the RRP Pin Mount Kit, if anything) to lower the need for measuring/finding/fitting, as well as having to wait until the Level 2 is here and installed to do so.

I do have a communication thread open with RR, but it took a week to get my first reply from them (I know they've been busy with the holiday season and whatnot), and the reply shows either a miscommunication or that I was not clear in what I was asking.  I've emailed back clarifying my question, but figured I might get an answer from a RRP/Scotts owner much quicker.

Thanks again!
Rally Raid: Engine guard / bash plate, Pannier racks, Wide pegs, Rear brake reservoir guard, ABS switch, Radiator screen, kickstand shoe. Barkbuster/Storm. Palmer windshield adjuster w/ accessory bar. Savage steering damper, fork brace, levers, rear rack, and engine guard/light bar. Givi Trekker Outback 42L Top Case and Wolfman Rocky Mountain Saddlebags. 18W 4" spot/flood pods. Scorpion Serket Taper slip-on.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 07:06:02 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply/assist - filing this away as a possible route to go (and was not aware of the term "stand off", so thanks!). 

I'm hoping that these spacers are included somewhere (most likely the RRP Pin Mount Kit, if anything) to lower the need for measuring/finding/fitting, as well as having to wait until the Level 2 is here and installed to do so.

I do have a communication thread open with RR, but it took a week to get my first reply from them (I know they've been busy with the holiday season and whatnot), and the reply shows either a miscommunication or that I was not clear in what I was asking.  I've emailed back clarifying my question, but figured I might get an answer from a RRP/Scotts owner much quicker.

Thanks again!

No probs....I fitted a Scotts to my CRF 250 L and loved it....loads of folk said it's just an unnecessary and expensive accessory, but I rode a lot of gravel tracks and the steering was so much more controlled and reassuring....enough said!

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 10:04:49 PM »
Hi

TIA

Hi Banana' - yes, if you order the damper mounting kit from Rally-Raid, you get what's shown in the photo stener posted: the bolts & spacers/stand-offs, which mount the damper at the correct hight so the arm connects with the pin on the T piece that bolts to the forward tank mount.

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline bananachunks

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 11:19:30 PM »
Thank you JMo

I did go ahead and order the pin mount kit yesterday in the high hopes of that being the case.  It also shipped yesterday, and will most likely be here before I hear back from RR again, which makes me chuckle.

Thanks everyone!

Recent Topics