Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Chain kit lifespan  (Read 16320 times)

Offline uku383

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Wollongong, NSW
Re: Chain kit lifespan
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2018, 11:55:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by ewryly [+]
I need to put more miles on mine before I make a change. I'm planning a trip out to Denver this coming summer, and the Midwest highway speeds are 70mph and up. That feels like a strain on this bike compared to my VFR. But I also will try to avoid highways when I can. I won't be in any rush.

I've done a few 1,000km days on my bike, and it will handle sitting on 120km/h (about 74mph) or higher just fine. Yes, it revs higher and I've noticed that more since I've bought a Triumph Sprint GT (twice the engine), but I honestly don't think that the bike is strained at those speeds. I have toyed with the idea of increasing the gearing, and while that would probably be nice, I've not been driven to do so because of problems.

In fact, I'm tossing up whether to take the X or the Triumph on my Christmas trip back home (for me, I can strap a swag / sleeping roll more easily to the X, which with the upright seating position gives me a backrest that might make for a more comfortable long trip). Having said that, I do have a new toy and I'm not riding my X much at the moment.  :008:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:57:12 PM by uku383 »
Second bike: 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
Graveyard: 2014 CB500XA

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2018, 12:33:49 AM »
I have been so busy with work that I haven't gotten out of the city with the X since I got it. Looking forward to seeing what the ride is like at over 60-75mph stretches. I also got a set of TCK70s in the mail last week that have yet to be mounted. Really not digging the TKC80/Shinko 805 combo on the bike right now, especially for city riding.

New chain is in transit. Going to bring the bike tools to school and run a mini-workshop after school to teach some students how to do some wrenching.  :001:

Offline manray

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Puerto Escondido
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2018, 02:55:02 AM »
So far the TKC 70's are great.  I've put over 1500 miles in Mexico on a loaded bike and the grip, handling and wear have been excellent.  I'm hoping the rear gives me 6000+ miles so I can make these my favourite goto travel tires ahead of the Heidenau K60's; which are good but the front makes a hum that's annoying after hours on the highway.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:55:44 AM by manray »

Recent Topics