Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello From Kent  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Rocker66

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 white 500X
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent UK
Re: Hello From Kent
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 09:54:53 PM »
Yes we have dealing with them for years. We knew the owner Haidrian way back when he was young lad working at Geoff Darren M/Cs in Sandwich. We keep going back due to the excellent service especially when compared to certain other local dealers whom we stay well clear of.  We regularly go for rides out which include lunch at their cafe.
Audere est Facere
The throttle should be controlled by two things which are the right hand and common sense
4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Offline Rocker66

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 06:41:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by grumpyzuma [+]
Hi Rocker66, they only had the one in stock so it must be the same bike...I've been very impressed with the dealer so far, they've been super helpful. I'll keep a look out for you and your good lady around Kent and particularly Ashford...I haven't seen a 2019 500X locally yet! Did all your Honda's come from Kent Motorcycles?
Looks as though your going to have decent weather in which to collect your bike. Saw it yesterday with its 69 plate on. Enjoy it in safety.
Audere est Facere
The throttle should be controlled by two things which are the right hand and common sense

Offline grumpyzuma

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ashford
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 08:19:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
Looks as though your going to have decent weather in which to collect your bike. Saw it yesterday with its 69 plate on. Enjoy it in safety.

Glad to hear it's still there! Getting excited about tomorrow now!  :104:

Offline woody

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MY18 CB500XA
  • City / Town: The Fens
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 10:15:51 AM »
Glad to hear it's still there! Getting excited about tomorrow now!  :104:

Its a great feeling, enjoy :307:

Offline grumpyzuma

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 03:44:45 PM »
Well, the new toy is home!  :001: I had a lovely ride across the Kent Downs to the Honda dealer, must say though, I was still enjoying the Suzuki Inazuma. A cup of tea at the dealers caf and sorted all the paperwork, the bike was beautifully presented and I was shown around making sure I was happy and knew what everything did and I was off! Stopped for some fuel in Folkestone and a quick first picture back up on the downs before heading home to Ashford with a big grin on my face and all going well and then.....it rained!  :023: Oh well, it'll give me an excuse to clean the new bike and get to know it better!

First impressions, it's a really easy bike to ride, pulls nicely at all the revs I was using (keeping below 5 or 6K as advised by the dealer), touched 60mph a couple of times and didn't notice any undue buffeting from the screen, the on-board computer shows 86mpg which sounds good to me on a new, tight engine (do you guys find the computer accurate for mpg?). The gearbox is fine, but not as crisp as the Suzuki's and I really missed to gear indicator...I'll have to see if I can learn to count to 6, but if not investigate adding one! Other than that I'm really pleased with my purchase and a big thank you to Kent Motorcycles, they made buying a new bike a real pleasure!  :300:

Offline Rocker66

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2019, 12:15:09 PM »
Glad you had a pleasant experience buying the bike and that your enjoying it. Is that Farthing Common in the photo?
Audere est Facere

Offline grumpyzuma

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2019, 08:41:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
<SNIP>
Is that Farthing Common in the photo?

Yes, well spotted! It's a good view from up there on a clear day. :002:

Online harryhendo

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • City / Town: Charlottesville
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2019, 02:00:58 AM »
The gearbox is fine, but not as crisp as the Suzuki's and I really missed to gear indicator...
I installed an "IDEA Gear Indicator" that I bought off Ebay for not much money. It works very well, and is really a great convenience on such a smooth running motorcycle. I found I'd be doing lots of miles in 5th, or trying to upshift when already in sixth, without it.
2016 Honda CB500X, Matte Black (bought new 2019)
1987 BMW R80, Black (bought new 1987)
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Offline grumpyzuma

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2019, 06:04:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by harryhendo [+]
I installed an "IDEA Gear Indicator" that I bought off Ebay for not much money. It works very well, and is really a great convenience on such a smooth running motorcycle. I found I'd be doing lots of miles in 5th, or trying to upshift when already in sixth, without it.

Thanks for the tip! I've been looking for 'another' gear above 6th a few times, if I can't adapt over the next few hundred miles I'll follow up on that gear indicator.

Recent Topics