Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brake calliper bolt torgue settings  (Read 1601 times)

Offline andystracey

• CB500X Member
  • Test your smoke alarm, it may save your life!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X-AD 2013
  • City / Town: Holywell / Wales
Brake calliper bolt torgue settings
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:31:04 PM »
I have covered 4,500 miles now on UK winter roads. In my experience with my last bike ( Suzuki Burgman 400, I left the brakes until they wanted new pads and they were a Ba****rd to get appart ), it is a good idea to strip and clean the brakes regularly applying lots of 'Copper Ease' to all the bolts and the pins. I am pleased to report all is good. Does anyone know the torque wrench settings for the caliper bolts? PS I also removed and copper eased all the small bolts holding the brake hoses on and exhaust bracket bolts too. The UK road salt makes everything seize up!
CB500X with High Screen, Knuckle Guards, Heated Grips, Crash bar, Fog Lights, Leg Deflectors, Main Stand, Panniers, Top Box.

Offline Defender

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Yamaha YBR
  • City / Town: Pwllheli
Re: Brake calliper bolt torgue settings
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:37:45 PM »
Front calliper to fork bolts 30 Nm. rear calliper, the bolt to frame (rearmost bolt) 22Nm. Bolt thru  calliper & pads 17Nm on both. Courtesy of the Service Manual which I now have thanks to the excellent Bonekicker of this forum.
In case you removed it as well, the rear calliper pin at the fore end of rear calliper is torqued to 27Nm. I hope that's clear 'cos it's a bit unclear in the manual. 2 different diags.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:04:40 PM by Defender »
If I can help somebody as I go along, then my living has not been in vain.

Offline andystracey

• CB500X Member
  • Test your smoke alarm, it may save your life!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X-AD 2013
  • City / Town: Holywell / Wales
Re: Brake calliper bolt torgue settings
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 03:12:38 PM »
Awesome, Thanks. :002:
CB500X with High Screen, Knuckle Guards, Heated Grips, Crash bar, Fog Lights, Leg Deflectors, Main Stand, Panniers, Top Box.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage