Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Buying CB500X used - anything to watch out, any known problems?  (Read 4553 times)

Online AJC500

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
Re: Buying CB500X used - anything to watch out, any known problems?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 10:09:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Irishrover [+]
Devines!!!!
Fu#$i$$.............................................................................. Nah, I'm not going to let it ruin my weekend.  :157:

He said it, not me!!!!!!!  :745:
The Story So Far.........
2017 and 2018: 8000miles recreational use - 89.82mpg UK; 74.79mpg US; 3.14litres/100km

Offline Irishrover

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X/CB400SF
  • City / Town: Falkirk
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by AJC500 [+]
He said it, not me!!!!!!!  :745:

He did indeed, triggered the trip wire. Lol
I can't even ride over that part of the city it makes me so angry.

Bikes: Honda CB500X. Honda CB400SF. Vespa GTS300

https://www.youtube.com/user/irishrover63

Offline nicecupoftea

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500x
  • City / Town: Paisley
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2018, 03:15:59 AM »
Irishrover...you've confirmed my findings...where can I go for an honest assessment?

Offline Mikerthebiker

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: St. Albert, AB
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 11:16:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
Some bikes have the valve clearances go tight before the owners manual says they should be checked and adjusted. Mine were all tight by 9000 miles and giving me running problems. Manual states 16,000 miles for check and adjustment. I don't know what that is in KM right off.
FYI - Pay attention, there will be a quiz later!
There are 1.6 Kilometers in a mile. so 16000 x 1.6 = 25,600 Kilometers. :169:

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2018, 05:01:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mikerthebiker [+]
FYI - Pay attention, there will be a quiz later!
There are 1.6 Kilometers in a mile. so 16000 x 1.6 = 25,600 Kilometers. :169:

:460: :062:

Offline mtodd

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 CB500X
  • City / Town: Adelaide, AU
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by AJC500 [+]
That's disappointing (nicecupoftea), I bought mine new (possibly from the same Glasgow dealer?), and at 6500 miles, it's better than ever.

It's been my only new bike purchase, and I've enjoyed every minute!!

This thread has been an interesting read for me. Again its a bit off topic but some comments have caught my attention. Maybe I should start a new thread. I am into week 3 of my new 2018. picked it up 4 days before the 2019 was unveiled  :157: I'm relatively new to motorbikes and my first bike was a CB250 (carby) so the 500x was so much better than I was used to when I did the test ride. throughout the running in period (first 1000km) I'm hearing all sorts of slight clicks and groans (very minor) and I'm hoping that what some have said about it settling down is true. The first service will be in a week or so so we'll see what the dealer says. I read a lot about this bike before hand and one of the things that stuck out was the bulletproof engine and "turbine smooth" is also often said. I'm finding the running in period quite nerve-wracking but that's probably more about my personality rather than the bike. When I hear some other newish bikes ride pass I can hear all sorts of funny noises. Maybe I just need to relax more and enjoy the ride.

Sorry to hijack the thread. 
New rider, social worker, musician

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2018, 12:47:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by mtodd [+]
This thread has been an interesting read for me. Again its a bit off topic but some comments have caught my attention. Maybe I should start a new thread. I am into week 3 of my new 2018. picked it up 4 days before the 2019 was unveiled  :157: I'm relatively new to motorbikes and my first bike was a CB250 (carby) so the 500x was so much better than I was used to when I did the test ride. throughout the running in period (first 1000km) I'm hearing all sorts of slight clicks and groans (very minor) and I'm hoping that what some have said about it settling down is true. The first service will be in a week or so so we'll see what the dealer says. I read a lot about this bike before hand and one of the things that stuck out was the bulletproof engine and "turbine smooth" is also often said. I'm finding the running in period quite nerve-wracking but that's probably more about my personality rather than the bike. When I hear some other newish bikes ride pass I can hear all sorts of funny noises. Maybe I just need to relax more and enjoy the ride.

I suspect that everything is normal, but when you bring it in, mention that you are hearing some odd noises and ask them to be sure that everything is tightened to spec.  That should give you some reassurance and, along with it, the chance to enjoy the ride and stay safe.

Offline Superplasma

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Brombough
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »

Don't worry , I don't think you have a problem,its just the bike beding down,it will soon be great.

Superplasmer.

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »

Definitely overthinking it. Relax and enjoy the ride.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 08:28:53 PM »

It's only when you hear voices you need to start worrying....

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage