Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Foot pegs for the CB500X  (Read 22154 times)

Offline Jsbartl

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Westminster, MD
Re: Foot pegs for the CB500X
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2017, 08:57:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Galaxysi >>>> link hidden <<<<
Guest - The above link is visible to MEMBERS only. Please Register or Login
I thought I would share some awesome pegs that have worked out for me, and are extremely affordable. Please note, I do have a footpeg lowering kit, which allows these to work without any modifications. These pegs were purchased brand new on eBay for $19 shipped, they are steel and are very durable. They are originally made for an 88'-94' Honda cr500

How have those footpegs worked for you so far? My right footpeg just broke and I am looking for new off road footpegs. Just a few questions, are these the footpegs? >>>> link hidden <<<<

And what year is the CB500X you installed them too? Also you said you have the motoworks lowering kit? I figure if I buy those pegs and the lowering kit then I wont have to shell out $175 for new footpegs and a lowering kit.

Offline Galaxysi

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2017, 05:52:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jsbartl >>>> link hidden <<<<
How have those footpegs worked for you so far? My right footpeg just broke and I am looking for new off road footpegs. Just a few questions, are these the footpegs? >>>> link hidden <<<<

And what year is the CB500X you installed them too? Also you said you have the motoworks lowering kit? I figure if I buy those pegs and the lowering kit then I wont have to shell out $175 for new footpegs and a lowering kit.

The pegs have worked out great the entire time I owned the bike. I never had any issues: they fit well, can take quite a beating, and there is a descent amount of grip. Those are the exact ones! I had a 2014 cb500x. And yes that is correct, I used these with the motoworks foot peg lowering kit. It is great little combo that doesn't break the bank.
I do want to add, I love the cb500x, it is a great well rounded bike- but I did recently trade her in for a new 2017 Africa Twin :) the CB will always have a special place in my heart though.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:55:07 AM by Galaxysi »

Offline Jsbartl

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Westminster, MD
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2017, 03:23:18 PM »
Now if I dont get the lowering kit would these foot pegs work? Or do they have to have the lowering kit to fit?

Offline wintu

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: S.F
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2018, 04:56:05 AM »
got these footpegs and they don't  work as straight swap for OEM .They probably only work with lowering kit . my bike is 2014. anyone know about some budget option that would be direct swap?
thanks

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage