Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Ordered Michelin Road 5 Tires  (Read 1928 times)

Offline timur

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Madrid
Re: Ordered Michelin Road 5 Tires
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 10:17:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by gregjet [+]
Don't be afraid of Road 5's ( or 4's) in the wet. VERY few tyres will give you the confident grip of these things. One of THE best rides I have had in 40something years of riding
Agree 100%. Althought my experience is less substancial in my opinion PR5 is a kind of magic on wet road. I could test this tyres during my trip to Galicia (northern coast of Spain - a lot of rain, storms and fog) and it's incredible the confidence they inspires in this situation. In fact I was able to overtake all and every car without any problem in heavy rain on secondary roads and I never felt that the limit was too close. IMHO they are far better than Conti RoadAttack3 for wet weather.

Regards.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 10:18:34 PM by timur »

Online HarrySeaward

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 10:35:16 PM »
Don't be afraid of Road 5's ( or 4's) in the wet. VERY few tyres will give you the confident grip of these things. One of THE best rides I have had in 40something years of riding ( That' s riding time, not living) was in an incredible wind and pouring rain storm on PR4's on a Husky TR650. The things just never let go, though I should add I ride comparittively better in the rain than most.
I LOVE wet riding and, while not wet racing tyres, they come pretty close.
Of course nothing will save a rider on diesel or oil and water on the road, but if it is rain and bitumen you will be fine.
 I can't vouch for limited vision of car drivers either.

Thank you, that's great to know.

Online HarrySeaward

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 10:37:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by timur [+]
Agree 100%. Althought my experience is less substancial in my opinion PR5 is a kind of magic on wet road. I could test this tyres during my trip to Galicia (northern coast of Spain - a lot of rain, storms and fog) and it's incredible the confidence they inspires in this situation. In fact I was able to overtake all and every car without any problem in heavy rain on secondary roads and I never felt that the limit was too close. IMHO they are far better than Conti RoadAttack3 for wet weather.

Regards.

Based on what you guys are saying, I kinda feel obligated to lean it over in the turns next time I'm out in the rain.

Offline gregjet

• CB500X Pro
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Bundaberg
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 08:06:09 AM »
With due care! They aren't wet weather race tyres, just VERY good street tyres.

Online HarrySeaward

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 01:37:16 PM »
With due care! They aren't wet weather race tyres, just VERY good street tyres.

Understood. At this point my sense of self-preservation generally trumps my sense of adventure.  :001:

Offline Sherloc

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kansas City, MO
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 01:14:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by HarrySeaward [+]
Hey, neighbor. That's encouraging to know about the Michelins. As for my riding season, 40 degrees is the basement for my riding. The basement is high 40s for commuting, because I'm doing 70-80mph for a full hour each way. I used to ride in colder temps, but was starting to resent my motorcycle because it was such a miserable experience. I guess with the right gear, like you said, it's possible to be comfortable in colder weather, but another thing I try to avoid is spending 1/2 hour getting ready to ride.

I do ride when many people have put their bike in storage for the year; but I try not to be adventurous as you in order to maintain my fondness for riding.

Just a quick hoody neighbors, Im in the Kansas City Metro.. as for riding season, I agreement that heated gear is a great season extender. As long as the roads arent frozen and rt full of salt\sand, Im up for a ride..

On the PRs, Ive had great luck with that series Id tires over the years, wet and dry.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:20:53 AM by Sherloc »

Online HarrySeaward

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 01:50:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sherloc [+]
Just a quick hoody neighbors, Im in the Kansas City Metro.. as for riding season, I agreement that heated gear is a great season extender. As long as the roads arent frozen and rt full of salt\sand, Im up for a ride..

On the PRs, Ive had great luck with that series Id tires over the years, wet and dry.

Well, we know there are at least three CB500X riders in MO.

Do you just plug your heated gear into your battery, or do you have an auxiliary battery to power it?

Offline Sherloc

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kansas City, MO
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 11:10:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by HarrySeaward [+]
Well, we know there are at least three CB500X riders in MO.

Do you just plug your heated gear into your battery, or do you have an auxiliary battery to power it?

Battery lead is off the battery, also use it to charge the bike if needed.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage