Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Going a little more off-road than I expected (photo tweet thread)  (Read 635 times)

Offline duh

• CB500X Member
  • Chasing the horizon
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Atlanta, GA
Today, rode through one of the forest management roads in the Dawson Forest City of Atlanta Tract (an oddly named, large "experimental forest"/wildlife management area in north Georgia USA, not actually near Atlanta but owned by the city).

This area has several recreation and half-complete roads, abandoned in the 1970s when the area was declared a wildlife forest tract. No bridges across the rivers or creeks were ever completed, so there are a few direct water crossings in the middle of the forest roads. There's even a weird, decaying segment of paved road surrounded by gravel roads on all sides; it was going to become a numbered state highway, but instead dead-ends where a bridge was planned to be.

Rather than put spoilers of how the trip went here, a mini-photo-diary is over on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ToddVierling/status/1049111425644417024

Online ThirtyOne

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
  • City / Town: Tegucigalpa
Re: Going a little more off-road than I expected (photo tweet thread)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 05:00:26 AM »
Looks like fun.  :821:

Online ewryly

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 07:39:49 AM »
Looks like a great little adventure!

Offline duh

• CB500X Member
  • Chasing the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 06:08:43 PM »
I was rightly scolded for the Twitter link in the first post, sorry about that. After doing all that posting on Twitter it seemed natural, but that is definitely not preferred per forum rules.

(That the photo album manager doesn't like the file size of any of the photos in original form doesn't help, mind you. I had to go recompress them all to make it happy, and a subset are posted below. The full written narrative remains at the link above.)

Offline Marv_

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Suffolk
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »
Enjoyed reading that (especially the bit with the river crossing) thanks for sharing!

Online ThirtyOne

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 03:09:46 PM »
Yep. You could turn that into a proper ride report considering you have all of the photos and a good story to tell. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a RR posted to twitter.   :035:

Offline duh

• CB500X Member
  • Chasing the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 03:59:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
Yep. You could turn that into a proper ride report considering you have all of the photos and a good story to tell. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a RR posted to twitter.   :035:

I've never done a proper ride report before, coming here was my second thought after relatives asked to see pics from the ride (and of course they aren't watching this forum). So I need to get my priorities in proper order and come here first.  :001:

Online ThirtyOne

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 07:48:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by duh [+]
I've never done a proper ride report before, coming here was my second thought after relatives asked to see pics from the ride (and of course they aren't watching this forum). So I need to get my priorities in proper order and come here first.  :001:

Now that's the spirit.

Recent Topics