Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: YouTube Bike Reviews  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Marv_

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Suffolk
Re: YouTube Bike Reviews
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 11:57:27 PM »
I'm not even going to watch a video titled "Gross no pls"!

Offline 303

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 CB500XA
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 01:30:09 AM »
The Grom thing...... IIRC Dan had a Grom for a while.

The youtubes is/were/are full of Grom hooligans. Grom Squads. Kids with their Groms popping wheelies. Stunt Bars, riding in packs from 10 to 100. Generally having a good time. Fooligan and Co.

I think Dan was a bit old for the Grom Squad scene. Missed the boat although he did vlog a few group rides. And something about wheelies... you'd have to watch his grom rides.

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Pro
  • Let's Ride Enjoying the outdoors aboard the CBX
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBX
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 01:22:39 PM »
I was going to remove my Youtube link when I read through the topic. Then I went back and clicked on the video and as soon as I heard the voice I thought Ol Dan. We know what an awesome do it all the CBX is. I think I was 5 or 6 when I got my first pocket knife at the hardware store. I cut the tip of my thumb off that first day closing it showing it to my grandfather. He said you won't do that again go find your granny she will fix it. Then it was a BB gun from the same hardware store. I still have the knife and the BB gun and both are functional. I bet most of you have a story and carry a knife every day. I think having a solid foundation gives you a level of confidences that we see the value and benefits of the CBX. Value is unmistakable EFI 500cc parallel twin dependable and comfortable to a wide range of riders who enjoy a standard upright riding position. Aftermarkets such as Rally Raid, SW, and Givi realized the bike would appeal to the middle age market that had the expendable income for quality parts and accessories. Every Honda dealer has one on the floor it's in the middle and can go unnoticed but they all have one most around here will have two one may sit there all year which adds to the value if you don't mind a leftover year model.  So I am going to keep putting my poorly made video's on I am looking forward to some solo time in the seat this weekend pretty wife is busy so I am going to let the grass grow the leaves cover the lawn cause I wanna ride.

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 04:11:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by uku383 [+]
I'll acknowledge that I have a bias favouring the X, but I do try to be as fair and reasonable as possible with things. He did make some good points.

But, for me he kept comparing it to bikes or features that simply aren't relevant, and the favourable comments that he did make seemed patronising because of these silly comparisons.

Frankly, he seems to be the sort of guy who's only interested in a 600 or 1000 slingshot. If that's the case, then they are the bikes that he should comment on, because nothing else stands a chance (unless it will easily pull a wheelie in second... this seemed to be quite important to him).

I really don't understand his Grom reference. That was just weird.

The other thing that I have to comment about, is that the video is so long. I'd prefer something either succinct (yes, I'm aware of the irony that I sometimes write more than is needed) or, if it must go longer, entertaining. This was, to be blunt, neither. He kept repeating himself (and occasionally contradicted himself), which is boring.

I agree, there's a lot of worthless review videos out there, but you don't know whether something is bad until you watch it.

Having said all of that, I have been craving a bit more power lately, but that will pass.  :008:

Yep. What he looks for in a bike seems to be power and more power. Why bother with riding a bike you know isn't going to satisfy your criteria and then post a negative review.

Offline Dukie

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Cb500x
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 06:26:51 AM »
He secretly likes it. He slags it off for not being fast of sexy but in-between this slagging off, He says it's comfy, will do everything, is reliable, unbeatable value for money and has smooth clutch,smooth acceleration,takes decent amount of luggage. Light, and agile handling, easy to corner. Can flat foot...

But dude it won't score you chicks or wheelie in second. This bike sux balls
Sold:  '13 Rally Raid lvl 3.
own:  '17  Rally Raid lvl 1

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 06:37:46 AM »
Newsflash, no bike will score you chicks. It's just a myth that we like to think will happen. 

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 06:45:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
Newsflash, no bike will score you chicks. It's just a myth that we like to think will happen.

Oh buddy...I can refute that.  :089:

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 07:15:25 PM »
Ok, you're the exception.   :153:

Offline Dukie

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Cb500x
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 10:10:40 PM »
When I had my Honda phantom there was definitely a girl that hung out with me for a while because she liked the bike and biker image. Did it do me any good. I fell in love and got my heart broken.  :012:. Oh well, The wife loves me
Sold:  '13 Rally Raid lvl 3.
own:  '17  Rally Raid lvl 1

Offline Winchester

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 CB500XABS
  • City / Town: Blue Ridge Mtns
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 11:51:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
Oh buddy...I can refute that.  :089:

I'll second that...and more times than I can count before I met THE ONE.  :028:
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Recent Topics