Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Becoming a Honda Mechanic (Or is that maniac?)  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Aggie95

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 CB500X
  • City / Town: Henderson, TX
Re: Becoming a Honda Mechanic (Or is that maniac?)
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 03:59:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
...except a quality set of JIS screwdrivers. Those aren't Philips head screws on Japanse products...

Thanks EscCtrl!  I am kinda glad to hear about the JIS screwdrivers!  :047:  I got three or four JIS drivers in a set of Snap-On drivers I bought about forty years ago and have very seldom found a use for them.  I may have used them when I wrenched on Datsun forklifts, but I don't remember; that was late seventies!  I've had a few Japanese vehicles, but they sooo rarely break down!  Maybe I'll get to use them while I'm farkling my X...  :152:

1971-1973: '67 CL77 (305 Scrambler), Sold, because my wife said to...
2018: '14 CB500X, The dream bike of my youth!  Thanks, Son

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 04:46:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Aggie95 [+]
Thanks EscCtrl!  I am kinda glad to hear about the JIS screwdrivers!  :047:  I got three or four JIS drivers in a set of Snap-On drivers I bought about forty years ago and have very seldom found a use for them.  I may have used them when I wrenched on Datsun forklifts, but I don't remember; that was late seventies!  I've had a few Japanese vehicles, but they sooo rarely break down!  Maybe I'll get to use them while I'm farkling my X...  :152:

You're welcome. If your drivers are that old, they may be made by Vessel if I'm not mistaken, and I believe they are the ones that came up with the JIS screws.

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 04:43:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by BikerBill [+]
Hah, the days when you could fix a car at the roadside with pliers, strong coat hanger wire, hammer, flat blade and a squirt of wd40. Not a microchip in sight.....mind you, there was a LOT of times at the side of the road...... :745:
I know a bit late but all you need is duct tape and WD40--if it moves fix it with the tape if it doesn't move hit it with the WD40 :745:
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Recent Topics