Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 79814 times)

Offline uku383

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Wollongong, NSW
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2019, 02:05:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by blumtnman [+]
Mr Fish seems totally in love! Good on him. Every review I read or watch convinces me this is my new bike. Now if only KTMMitch/JMo can come up with a bash plate. And a few RR farkles!

Yeah, I have to replace my bike and I've pretty much convinced myself to get the 2019. Only thing is, they haven't arrived in the country yet, and I probably won't be in the saddle until June. Nuts!
Second bike: 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
Graveyard: 2014 CB500XA

Offline blumtnman

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Katoomba
« Reply #361 on: March 06, 2019, 02:10:13 AM »
The lot from Western Motorcycles at Penrith are saying end of March, I'm champing at the bit!

Offline uku383

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Wollongong, NSW
« Reply #362 on: March 06, 2019, 02:28:10 AM »
The lot from Western Motorcycles at Penrith are saying end of March, I'm champing at the bit!

Let's hope that's the case! They are certainly on a ship!
Second bike: 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
Graveyard: 2014 CB500XA

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #363 on: March 06, 2019, 02:47:46 AM »
Mr Fish seems totally in love! Good on him. Every review I read or watch convinces me this is my new bike. Now if only KTMMitch/JMo can come up with a bash plate. And a few RR farkles!
I just learned Cager on two wheels crashed hard he was testing a Kawasaki Versys 300X-- broke his arm banged up his knee- guess he'll be out of the review game for awhile
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline blumtnman

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Katoomba
« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2019, 03:39:00 AM »
Ah damn, I always liked his reviews. I wish him all the best.

Offline oculux

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 06, 2019, 07:01:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
I just learned Cager on two wheels crashed hard he was testing a Kawasaki Versys 300X-- broke his arm banged up his knee- guess he'll be out of the review game for awhile

As a novice rider ie <10k total rides I can't imagine how some of these reviewers ride some of these bikes not familiar with the machine's behaviour, attempting to take the bike to slightly (or more) beyond its normal use to assess performance seems very risky to me; and I think it would be easy to make a mistake or over/under estimate capability and get badly injured. The videos to 180km/h + speeds are a good example, even though no person would identify themselves in such videos for obvious reasons - unless they were testing on a private runway (unlikely as most are on public motorways in the videos). Anyway I don't know why I replied really.

Oh that's right I just put down a deposit on one yesterday and was reading this thread for ideas on improving it and addressing any small issues that are known weaknesses on older models etc.

Can't wait.

Offline Smudger

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB5X. XSR900.
  • City / Town: Somerset
« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2019, 08:54:18 AM »
Pretty much agreed with almost all of Mr Fish's review vid there. But seeing as he's 6'2", which is an inch taller than me, i'm surprised he never had the issue i did with not enough seat to peg distance and pegs set too far back.
This was my only complaint about the bike and it wasn't bad enough to stop me buying this bike. Plus getting a higher seating position is an easy fix. I guess i'll get used to the pegs being too far back and maybe there will be a fix for the pegs sometime in the future.
Picking up my one in three days..... i'm as excited about getting this bike, as i have been in the past about getting bikes that have cost twice as much with three times the power.

Offline cbf1000

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2019, 03:13:45 PM »
I think Honda are to be congratulated on the 2019 facelift to the CB500X.  They have obviously done their market research and produced a set of well-focussed improvements.  However the new model has been fundamentally flawed for me by the introduction of the 19 front wheel resulting in a deal-breaking rise in seat height to 830mm.  I bought my CB500X because it is one of the few bikes with a low enough seat height at 810mm (and lowering using Lust Racing drop links) to make the bike comfortable for me.  With the lowering and weight of the touring luggage I could get both feet flat.  The rise in seat height effectively excludes me from buying this bike.  Honda have made a fundamental marketing mistake in trying to make the bike more off road  they have effectively alienated the less tall (short) rider.  It is a mistake because I believe there are many more short riders buying the bike than those actually riding it off road.  There is an easy solution to this problem.  BMW (F70GS) and Triumph (Tiger 800 XRx Low) both offer low seat factory options why cant Honda do this?

Offline emjare

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: highcliffe
« Reply #368 on: March 06, 2019, 04:03:43 PM »
My local honda dealer has the new 2019 model in so I took a look.
It looks more aggressive somehow it appears bigger (taller really) due to the 19" front wheel and raised rear suspension. I'm 6ft but the new seat height really shows, getting off after a long ride might be problematical but not impossible. The new consul is impressive with the black on white contrast and the gear indicator seams to dominate your view. This very nice and modern but why do we need to know. listen to the engine it will tell you when to change. That said if I had to buy a new bike it would still be a 500x
safe riding everybody

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #369 on: March 06, 2019, 04:16:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by cbf1000 [+]
I think Honda are to be congratulated on the 2019 facelift to the CB500X.  They have obviously done their market research and produced a set of well-focussed improvements.  However the new model has been fundamentally flawed for me by the introduction of the 19 front wheel resulting in a deal-breaking rise in seat height to 830mm.  I bought my CB500X because it is one of the few bikes with a low enough seat height at 810mm (and lowering using Lust Racing drop links) to make the bike comfortable for me.  With the lowering and weight of the touring luggage I could get both feet flat.  The rise in seat height effectively excludes me from buying this bike.  Honda have made a fundamental marketing mistake in trying to make the bike more off road  they have effectively alienated the less tall (short) rider.  It is a mistake because I believe there are many more short riders buying the bike than those actually riding it off road.  There is an easy solution to this problem.  BMW (F70GS) and Triumph (Tiger 800 XRx Low) both offer low seat factory options why cant Honda do this?

Hi CBF1000 - I think you are missing the point here - Adventure bikes, by their nature are designed to be all-terrain machines, which requires greater ground clearance than a typical road bike... if all you want is a comfortable road tourer, Honda (and other manufacturers) make different style motorcycles to suit that need.

Consider the comparison the equivalent of an SUV vs a traditional Estate car (or 'stationwagon' for those in the US), which is something the car industry have increasing offered for a while now - offering a wider range of styling/capabilities while using essentially the same underpinnings.

If you particularly like the CB-X styling, I'm sure you'll be able to fit lowering links to the new bike too - but ultimately not every style of bike is going to [physically] suit every size of rider?

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Recent Topics