Basic Search



Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 77743 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online uku383

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 564
  • Country: au
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Wollongong, NSW
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2018, 02:27:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
I used to think I missed out by not holding off till 2016. Now I know I should have held off till 2019.  :138:

When I started work here in 2015 one of the guys was telling me how he was a very keen rider, but didn't then have a bike, as he'd sold it due to some (by then resolved) health issues. He's a mad ZX-14 fan, and said that he was waiting for the new series to be released. He refused to buy a bike to get him through the wait, not even a second hand ZX-14.

He's still waiting. I'm still riding.
Second bike: 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
Graveyard: 2014 CB500XA

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2018, 02:57:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
US guys, bookmark this page and check it frequently.  :169:
http://powersports.honda.com/2019/cb500x.aspx

 I used to think I missed out by not holding off till 2016. Now I know I should have held off till 2019.  :138:

*Originally Posted by uku383 [+]
When I started work here in 2015 one of the guys was telling me how he was a very keen rider, but didn't then have a bike, as he'd sold it due to some (by then resolved) health issues. He's a mad ZX-14 fan, and said that he was waiting for the new series to be released. He refused to buy a bike to get him through the wait, not even a second hand ZX-14.

He's still waiting. I'm still riding.

 :0461: Having just bought my 2013 this year, I had the same thought for just a split-second. Then I twisted the throttle and smiled ear to ear. I'm glad I didn't wait. Maybe in a few years I'll trade up. For now my '13 RR L1 will do just fine.   :018:

Offline hamamelis

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: tz
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Dodoma
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2018, 07:23:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
:0461: Having just bought my 2013 this year, I had the same thought for just a split-second. Then I twisted the throttle and smiled ear to ear. I'm glad I didn't wait. Maybe in a few years I'll trade up. For now my '13 RR L1 will do just fine.   :018:
Yup, barring a miraculous deal on a '16-18 model, I have my sights set on a very particular farkled-out '15 in my area of the USA once I return from east Africa (which may be sooner than I'd planned due to visa issues...). It'll be my mid-weight learner bike, so I can afford to mis-shift and drop it a few times rather than a showroom-fresh '19 eh. It'll still be infinitely nicer fit and finish than my absolute rat rod of a '64 Super Cub was

Offline glencoeman

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Stoke on Trent
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2018, 08:58:18 AM »
It looks like a lot of improvements for the 2019 model - the only downside is the higher seat height which at 830mm is 20mm higher than the current model. I doubt that Honda will list a centre stand as an optional extra on the new model either.

Online uku383

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 564
  • Country: au
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Wollongong, NSW
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2018, 09:26:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by glencoeman [+]
I doubt that Honda will list a centre stand as an optional extra on the new model either.

May I ask why you think that? It's another way for them to make a buck, after all.

If you think this because of the increase in seat height, I'm pretty sure that they offer one for the Africa Twin (and there are after-market versions), so I don't think that would be a problem.
Second bike: 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
Graveyard: 2014 CB500XA

Offline mtodd

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 39
  • Country: au
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 CB500X
  • City / Town: Adelaide, AU
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2018, 10:00:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by pmason0 [+]
Should of figured this would happen, nice looking bike, but I just bought a lightly used 2014 two weeks ago and ordered the Rally Raid kit. Hopefully no regrets.

I hear ya. I bought a new 2018 last Friday. I had been researching the bike for a long time, was hoping to see what the new colours would be at the bike show in Australia at the end of this month. I was then told by Honda Australia that they arent going to be at the Melbourne show. I then had a chat with the sales guy who said all the new Honda models have been announced for this year already and that any new releases are likely to be a wile away.

Im felling rather terrible right now!
New rider, social worker, musician

Offline Perfictsib

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 122
  • Country: wales
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500x
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2018, 01:02:12 PM »
If you look closely there's what looks like a centre stand on the kitted out one

Offline mrklunk

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 207
  • Country: scotland
  • Tango'd.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2018, 01:36:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by AJC500 [+]
Hmmmm, are they moving away from the real 'mostly a road bike' market?  I wonder what percentage really need the 'off road' refinements....or do most 500X's, like SUV's, spend their time on tarmac and just get bought for the adventure looks and comfort.....  :084:

Admittedly, this forum may err on the 'I ride off road' side!!  Time for a vote. :008:

I'm 100% road like you Alex so the 19" wheel means nothing to me. And yes I heard it will still come with crap tyres. Love the new clocks but other than that I'm happy to keep my year old model for a while.

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by mrklunk [+]
I'm 100% road like you Alex so the 19" wheel means nothing to me. And yes I heard it will still come with crap tyres. Love the new clocks but other than that I'm happy to keep my year old model for a while.

Given my sampling of the X, a first year, first gen, I find it to be a fantastic motorcycle altogether. I would be happy to own any model year. Having bought my bike with an aftermarket suspension already installed probably helped a bit in terms of satisfaction, but even outside of the suspenders, it's a great machine.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:31:21 PM by ThirtyOne »

Offline Jonathan

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1133
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2018, 04:32:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by mtodd [+]
I hear ya. I bought a new 2018 last Friday. I had been researching the bike for a long time, was hoping to see what the new colours would be at the bike show in Australia at the end of this month. I was then told by Honda Australia that they aren’t going to be at the Melbourne show. I then had a chat with the sales guy who said all the new Honda models have been announced for this year already and that any new releases are likely to be a wile away.

I’m felling rather terrible right now!

I wouldn't be too disheartened. The 2018 is a pretty refined bike compared to the original X, which itself wasn't a bad bike to start with. On paper the 2019 looks to be much improved, but in real terms I imagine you'd be hard pressed to feel much difference between the two. You're still looking at a mid-powered adv style road bike with budget suspension, when all's said and done (without wishing to sound too disparaging)...in some ways, you're better off buying an earlier model and putting the cash saved where it's actually needed, ie better tyres and suspension. Increased ride height doesn't necessarily equate to better ride quality, either. Now if they'd upped the output to 70HP and but better brakes on it, and I'd just been persuaded to buy a 50HP because the dealer wanted to shift old stock....I'd be similarly aggrieved...

and it still feels more nimble than a V strom
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:35:04 PM by Jonathan »

 


Recent Topics