Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 77745 times)

Offline macamxthe1st

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph T100
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2018, 11:40:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Oyabun [+]
I'm sure you're aware that EICMA has closed on 11th?

Thanks for that but Motorcycle Live opens on the 17th November.

Geoff.
Heated grips, gear position indicator, grip puppies, fenda extenda, tank protector, Michelin PR4's with "Tyre seal installed", shaved seat, rack and Givi Blade top box, rear hugger, sidestand plate, center stand, Hawk accessory bar with spotlights, Daneli mini soundbomb, Givi XS319 tanklock bag, loobman oiler, Evotech radiator guard, Fuel Micro Mini minus baffle and a liberal coating of Acf50 oh and a detachable sheepskin seat pad, lovely.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2018, 01:39:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by AJC500 [+]
Can't help thinking the 500X is a road bike with a comfy upright 'adventure' stance, it's not an off-roader, so why does it need a bigger front wheel.....BMW R1250GS has a 17" wheel, and I've just read a review of the Africa Twin which complains that the 21" front wheel affects road performance too much......it's a fine line.  :087:

I "think" Honda is loosely following Rally Raid's line on the '19 CB500X. I agree the 19-inch front isn't needed. However, you knew this was coming, didn't you? However, those of us that use our bikes offroad can utilize that larger wheel.

If anyone buys a '19 and balks at that 19-inch front wheel, I'll happily swap front ends and wheels. I'll do the swap on both bikes so we know everything is done properly.  :152:

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2018, 07:30:13 PM »
I've now sat on one at the NEC Motorcyclelive Show.

Basically a nice steady step forwards without ruining it. Biggest improvement the instrument panel. Flatter bars, not sure. 19" front not sure but I suspect no advantage to most. So still same lovely bike. Would I buy one, no, not enough improvements to warrant the cost when mine is still only 17,000 miles.

I did sit on the new Trace 700 GT. That bike is soooooo attractive.

Looked at the new BMW 800 adventure, it seems huge compared to X. Same with Triumph 800 adventure.
Brian.

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2018, 07:32:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by hilldweller [+]
I did sit on the new Tracer 700 GT. That bike is soooooo attractive.

Look, we all know you have a thing for the Tracer 700, just buy one and have done with it.   :001:

Online UKJeeper

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2018, 07:38:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by macamxthe1st [+]
If anyone is going to ML could they please sling a leg over the new 500X and tell me if it feels significantly higher than the current model. They have supposedly slimed the seat to compensate.

Geoff.

Went to ML. Sat on both the 2019's on display. Didn't feel significantly taller. If there was slime on the seat, they must have wiped it off....  :016:

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2018, 07:39:58 PM »
 :008:

Online Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2018, 09:18:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by macamxthe1st [+]
If anyone is going to ML could they please sling a leg over the new 500X and tell me if it feels significantly higher than the current model. They have supposedly slimed the seat to compensate.

Geoff.

The one at the show is noticeably taller. I can stand over my 2018 X and there's air between the seat and my vegetables. On the show bike I could only just flat foot. Bear in mind though that at the show they do something to the suspension so it doesn't compress normally. But yes, it is taller.

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2018, 10:31:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mister Paul [+]
I can stand over my 2018 X and there's air between the seat and my vegetables.
Did you make sure your vegetables we recalibrated before slinging a leg ?
 :745:

Offline Winchester

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 CB500XABS
  • City / Town: Blue Ridge Mtns
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2018, 12:37:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
I wouldn't be too disheartened. The 2018 is a pretty refined bike compared to the original X, which itself wasn't a bad bike to start with. On paper the 2019 looks to be much improved, but in real terms I imagine you'd be hard pressed to feel much difference between the two. You're still looking at a mid-powered adv style road bike with budget suspension, when all's said and done (without wishing to sound too disparaging)...in some ways, you're better off buying an earlier model and putting the cash saved where it's actually needed, ie better tyres and suspension. Increased ride height doesn't necessarily equate to better ride quality, either. Now if they'd upped the output to 70HP and but better brakes on it, and I'd just been persuaded to buy a 50HP because the dealer wanted to shift old stock....I'd be similarly aggrieved...

and it still feels more nimble than a V strom

What he said - and yes, it SURE DOES!!! Had I been on my old Wee today winding up those gravel switchbacks on that mountain - not sure??? Up and back down, my X was sure footed even with a tense rider.

OK, I made my way up through all 17 pages of this thread. On the technical side I have nothing to offer here thats what you always helpful tech folks are for and thank you.

I have a 2018 which Ive been steadily farkling with carefully selected, meaningful accessories. Both bike and rider are better for the time and $ invested. It looks very nice. It rides GREAT. Would I like a 2019, now that I know whats coming? With the exception of the new dash, no, not really. I do ride off road but maybe only 15% of the time where the 21 wheel would have the advantage. Jenny says it will on both road types and I believe her!!! But Im not sure this rider could capitalize on that advantage and wonder how many (what %?) truthfully could?

If this sounds like Im putting down the 2019 Im definitely NOT. Id be just as happy having a 2019 all decked out like mine is in the driveway but IMHO they are, for the most part the same bike. I thought Jonathan's quote above summed it up exceptionally well. And why I have zero remorse with my 2018. Nada. Which is to say buying an 18 or older model you could put the savings into new (and much better) tires upgrade the windshield which Im speculating most will want to do on the 19 luggage of your choice all around etc. etc. Either way though, you will get superb bike:152:

Im riding, listening and learning. Good to be here.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:47:35 AM by Winchester »
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Offline showin4231

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: flushing
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2018, 05:52:20 AM »
Hold on a second.. According to specs on powersports.honda.com "http://powersports.honda.com/2019/cb500x/specifications.aspx", there will only be "Grand Prix Red" available in the US ???

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage