Basic Search



Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 77750 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Applecorp

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 709
  • Country: england
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2018, 07:27:18 PM »
I've never particularly enjoyed top end power/speed, although I do enjoy the rush now and again in short bursts on a camera free road.

I'm more of a low end torque/acceleration fan hence why I prefer twins and triples.

Offline Jonathan

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1133
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2018, 08:58:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
I've never particularly enjoyed top end power/speed, although I do enjoy the rush now and again in short bursts on a camera free road.

I'm more of a low end torque/acceleration fan hence why I prefer twins and triples.

Same here....I'm now of an age where I can't actually think (or react) at high speeds, but the ability to get to 80mph in a matter of seconds is always a buzz in the right circumstances.
These days anything on two wheels over 110 plays havoc with my sphincter.... :012:

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2018, 10:17:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
I've never particularly enjoyed top end power/speed, although I do enjoy the rush now and again in short bursts on a camera free road.

I'm more of a low end torque/acceleration fan hence why I prefer twins and triples.

Same here. Love triples for their torque off idle.

Offline CB-500-X

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2034
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2018, 01:19:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by hilldweller [+]
Power is GOOD. Power is ADDICTIVE.

I'm with hilldweller on this. Although our bikes have one of the best engines out there, it is quite whimpy. Ideally would like 75 hp in the same weight bike.
 Oh wait I just described a Tracer 700 !  :138:
Can't wait for it to be available in the US.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 01:20:55 PM by CB-500-X »

Offline HerrDeacon

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1091
  • Country: bv
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2018, 01:32:19 PM »
For me, as of now, the new KTM 790 Adventure looks to be the only bike that could get me off my X, looking forward to it coming out.  :152:

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2018, 02:45:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by HerrDeacon [+]
For me, as of now, the new KTM 790 Adventure looks to be the only bike that could get me off my X, looking forward to it coming out.  :152:

Have they released a price for it yet?

Offline HerrDeacon

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1091
  • Country: bv
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2018, 02:48:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
Have they released a price for it yet?

Not that I'm aware of and that will probably be the point that sinks it for me.  :003: Won't be cheap for sure, too high and I'll keep my X for sure.

Offline Applecorp

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 709
  • Country: england
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2018, 02:52:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by CB-500-X [+]
I'm with hilldweller on this. Although our bikes have one of the best engines out there, it is quite whimpy. Ideally would like 75 hp in the same weight bike.
 Oh wait I just described a Tracer 700 !  :138:
Can't wait for it to be available in the US.

I'm waiting for some genius to design a bike like the Tracer 900 that does the mpg of the 500X.

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1651
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2018, 03:00:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by HerrDeacon [+]
Not that I'm aware of and that will probably be the point that sinks it for me.  :003: Won't be cheap for sure, too high and I'll keep my X for sure.

That would be my guess as well. I glanced over on the ADVr 790 thread a few day ago and some said it was within spitting distance of the 1090, which is quite surprising. I would imagine that they would need a dedicated customer base to to pick the 790 over the 1090.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:00:51 PM by ThirtyOne »

Offline HerrDeacon

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1091
  • Country: bv
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2018, 04:49:11 PM »
Before the 790 I never really considered a KTM and so don't really know how their model line-up pans out. Just by glancing at the 1090 I could see the 790 taking sales from it by shorter people or those that want something more dirt worthy. Nice to have options though.

 


Recent Topics


victorious-backstage