Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 77457 times)

Offline kickertwo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #500 on: April 04, 2019, 02:41:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]

A fender extender and almost any skid plate with a front lip will work for keeping the lower sump from debris hitting it. No one knows what will fit the 2019 model. They are just now going out to dealers. I don't know if any have hit North America yet. They are a good bit different than the pre '19 models.

No thanks. Why buy a fender extender & skidplate when one item, the TREX skidplate can take care of it.

They are saying it fits the 2019. If it does not, it would be a credit card/paypal complaint and win for the buyer.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 04, 2019, 03:24:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by kickertwo [+]
No thanks. Why buy a fender extender & skidplate when one item, the TREX skidplate can take care of it.

They are saying it fits the 2019. If it does not, it would be a credit card/paypal complaint and win for the buyer.

:028:

Offline skidooboy

• CB500X Member
  • Where does that trail go?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: L4 Kordylewski
« Reply #502 on: April 04, 2019, 04:30:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by kickertwo [+]

I'm the one who asked them that question on the YouTube thread and I'm very sceptical of T-Rex's answer.  I have yet to even hear of a 2019 being seen in the wild in North America.  We are still being told mid May is the earliest we should see bikes hitting the dealers. And, if the  rumours and my dealer are correct it sounds like there is a very limited number of bikes trickling out in North america to help sell off the backlog of older models....So how would T-Rex know if it fits or not? I think they have no clue and are basing that statement off of a guess.

While I believe the bottom end of the frame is unchanged from earlier versions, and the majority of the engine parts/packaging is unchanged, the  reported wider clutch cover  and different exhaust manifold  shapes could indeed be an issue for fitting stuff designed for previous years models...

If anyone at RR  has any comment that would be appreciated here.

I'm taking the T-rex claim with a grain of salt till I see definitive proof the unit fits a 2019.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:31:46 PM by skidooboy »
Go Jets Go!!!

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #503 on: April 04, 2019, 06:22:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by skidooboy [+]

I'm the one who asked them that question on the YouTube thread and I'm very sceptical of T-Rex's answer.  I have yet to even hear of a 2019 being seen in the wild in North America.  We are still being told mid May is the earliest we should see bikes hitting the dealers. And, if the  rumours and my dealer are correct it sounds like there is a very limited number of bikes trickling out in North america to help sell off the backlog of older models....So how would T-Rex know if it fits or not? I think they have no clue and are basing that statement off of a guess.

While I believe the bottom end of the frame is unchanged from earlier versions, and the majority of the engine parts/packaging is unchanged, the  reported wider clutch cover  and different exhaust manifold  shapes could indeed be an issue for fitting stuff designed for previous years models...

I'm taking the T-rex claim with a grain of salt till I see definitive proof the unit fits a 2019.

Hi Skidoo - I did actually comment on this [potential issue] a couple of pages back here: https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,7878.msg82078.html#msg82078

While the pick-up/mounting locations that T-Rex are using haven't changed between the earlier and 2019 models, the exhaust catalytic converter on the new bike is noticeably larger, plus the headers are a slightly different shape too - so unless there is a lot of room inside the current 'bucket' (for want of a better term - I really don't mean to sound disparaging), there is a danger the 2019 cat and headers may not fit comfortably inside.

As you suggest, since T-Rex are a US based company, it's unlikely they have actually got their hands on a 2019 bike to physically check it fits.

Certainly John at Rally-Raid has had to make some dimension adjustments to the design of the existing guard so that it will fit all model years in future.

Hope that helps...

Jenny x

ps. As I said here and on the same subject over on ADVrider, I think this is a nice looking guard, and could well be exactly what Kickertwo wants/needs... however, even if they do offer a full refund, personally I wouldn't want the hassle of lugging an engine guard down to the UPS store to return it if it didn't fit his 2019 bike - although someone has to be a guinea pig I suppose. I'd be inclined to wait until the 2019 bikes have landed here and T-Rex have checked it fits themselves?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 06:23:59 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
  • City / Town: South Florida
« Reply #504 on: April 05, 2019, 02:44:22 AM »
.... plus it looks like crap.

Offline Aikenrunner

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X RR
  • City / Town: Aiken
« Reply #505 on: April 05, 2019, 04:07:22 AM »
Got an update from my local Honda dealer today on availability of the 19 in the US. He said the Honda rep told him they would be available to order this month for delivery in May. I have one on order!

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #506 on: April 05, 2019, 04:24:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Aikenrunner [+]
Got an update from my local Honda dealer today on availability of the 19 in the US. He said the Honda rep told him they would be available to order this month for delivery in May. I have one on order!
Same thing I was told
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Antwon412

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Yuba City, CA
« Reply #507 on: April 05, 2019, 04:28:51 AM »
I was able to order mine on March 16th.

Offline uku383

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Wollongong, NSW
« Reply #508 on: April 05, 2019, 05:38:50 AM »
I collected my 2019 bike today.

First impression is that it seems a little skittish, but that's likely because I've been riding a heavier sports tourer for a few weeks, so the X is no longer as familiar as it once was.

The handlebars are a bit higher than my previous 2014 bike. The display is dim in sunlight, although it is much more informative than the last. It has a gear indicator, and reports amount of fuel used during a trip, which is very nice.

The passenger rails are also nice - they are metal, whereas I think that the old ones were plastic. One thing that I especially like is the rear wheel tensioner, which is an improved design that doesn't involve the back plug falling out. Luggage racks from my old bike were harvested for the new one with no problem, however the centre stand can't be transferred as there's some difference in the mounting points (the centre stand isn't available yet (and won't be for a few weeks) which is a bit annoying, but them's the breaks). The radiator guard was also transferred between the two. My old Arrow exhaust also fitted, but the shop had to make a bracket for it (of course, I've kept the OEM pipe).

I had Oxford heated grips fitted, and barkbusters. However, the shop had to cut down the grips by about 1cm to fit, which I find a bit annoying as I've got large hands. Only other thing that I'm really keen to put on right now, is a tank pad.

I was interested in the new windscreen as I'd heard that it was an improvement on the first series screen, but it seems to be much the same re noise and airflow.

Although it only has 4% more torque, I felt as though I could notice a difference. However, 4% isn't much, so that could simply have been a placebo effect.

Warranty is two years, which I think is pretty standard.
Second bike: 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
Graveyard: 2014 CB500XA

Offline kickertwo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 05, 2019, 05:40:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by skidooboy [+]

Thanks for asking them the question on youtube (should have notice the username). You are from Canada so your delivery time will be a lot more and so will be your disappointment if they are wrong. Install should be quick for fitment, if they wrong, I'll get full refund, they will pay return shipping and I have major courier pickup at work.... Or, I'll wait for someone else try it out first  :016:

Do Not know why some are getting worked up here about a new skidplate  :233:
If you plan on seesawing you CBX on a log or rock go for RR plate. Want a low profile plate go for SWMotech
For the record, I only mention those two since they are the bigger names. I don't know about 2019 fitment :179:

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage