Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 77461 times)

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #530 on: April 11, 2019, 02:25:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by japes1275 [+]
They’ve missed a trick there - they should have made a nice alloy guard and had it as an accessory.

Makes you wonder if perhaps they're cooking up a mini-AT.  :084:

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #531 on: April 11, 2019, 02:47:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
They really should have kept the belly pan from the 2016 and before, looked a lot better, and considering they're trying to push the new model as an adventure bike it's odd that it didn't make a return.

If I were to purchase it would be the black colour too.

They’ve missed a trick there - they should have made a nice alloy guard and had it as an accessory.

This comes up every time a new 'adventure' bike is launched... the problem is, all OEM accessories like this are a bit rubbish - built down to a price/ primarily cosmetic etc. etc. - and almost inevitably replaced as soon as the owner starts to take their bike off-road more seriously or on a trip... and even OEM dirt-bike skid plates are usually replace by something more substantial if you're actually going to race or ride the bike in seriously rough conditions.

Same goes for luggage racks - if the OEM stuff was so good, why would anyone buy Givi, SWMotech, Touratech etc. - you really can't expect a mainstream manufacturer to cater to every individual's needs and preferences.

Consider there is also the issue regarding weight - an actually strong/useful engine guard and other 'all-terrain touring' accessories would add weight to base specification - something all manufacturers try to avoid these days.

Personally I'd rather save the $100 it would cost for the OEM manufacturer to put a token guard on the bike from the base price, and put that money towards something that actually does a proper job if I actually require it?

Jenny x

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:51:01 PM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #532 on: April 11, 2019, 03:08:18 PM »
Another complimentary write up in Motor Cycle News UK. Probably on line now. But one BUT, you can't read the clocks.
Brian.

Offline japes1275

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 11, 2019, 06:30:53 PM »
I'm not really meaning a full on (and over the top for most people) guard like the RR one Jenny, even the plastic one was better than nothing - looks wise anyway. And let's face it looks are a very important thing. So to market a bike looking like something is missing and then not offering a bolt on accessory is I think missing a trick.

The BS Motorparts guard I had on my '13 X was fine for most things like flying rocks etc and only cost about £120. So probably about £100 of profit for Honda if they offered something similar.

I was quite happy with some of the Honda accessories, the centre stand was spot on in quality and operation and I'll probably stick with Honda luggage if I get another X.

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #534 on: April 11, 2019, 06:51:01 PM »
I'm not really meaning a full on (and over the top for most people) guard like the RR one Jenny, even the plastic one was better than nothing - looks wise anyway. And let's face it looks are a very important thing. So to market a bike looking like something is missing and then not offering a bolt on accessory is I think missing a trick.

The BS Motorparts guard I had on my '13 X was fine for most things like flying rocks etc and only cost about £120. So probably about £100 of profit for Honda if they offered something similar.

I was quite happy with some of the Honda accessories, the centre stand was spot on in quality and operation and I'll probably stick with Honda luggage if I get another X.

I know what you're saying, and I'm sure Honda will offer a range of [2019 specific] accessories to compliment their existing range of parts for the CB500X - luggage, rear racks and quite possibly some sort of belly pan/skid plate too. As far as I'm aware there is no longer a taller screen option for the CB (since 2016 when it came with a tall screen as standard) from Honda, but again, all of these kinds of parts are also well catered for from the 3rd party aftermarket already.

My point was primarily that there is no point in including 'accessories' as standard, as it only increases the base-price and are almost always replaced with something else once you [the owner] starts to personalise their bike based on there own specific requirements anyway... coupled with the fact that generally speaking, OEM 'accessories' are not the best example of their kind out there, and often significantly more expensive than 3rd party alternatives too.

That said, I always like the OEM cast rear-rack/grab handle combo for the CB500X - it looked very neat. Similarly as you say, if you want a centre stand, the Honda accessory one is as good as any out there and not much more expensive either.

Out of interest, has anyone seen an accessory catalogue/collection for the latest CB range yet?

Jx

It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline japes1275

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 11, 2019, 09:11:26 PM »
There's a thread about accessories on here Jenny, you have to go the online configurator and go through as if you are ordering 'your' bike. There doesn't seem to be much to excite the hardcore farkler!

Offline Phill

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Dalbury Lees, As
« Reply #536 on: April 13, 2019, 06:41:19 PM »
Swapped my 2017 model for the 2019 one in March.
Well worth changing.
The riding position is more upright and relaxed, and with no wind pressure on your body this feels very natural. Handling with the bigger front wheel is lighter and accurate. Shock absorption is much better, and riding the Peak District back roads this is a big plus over the old model. Old one could bottom out two-up but this one is far better.
Gear changes with the slipper clutch are smoother all round.
Gear indicator, and clocks that you can move/change to suit your preferences are a bonus.
Nice touch is the automatic countdown of fuel remaining and mileage travelled when the computer sees you are on reserve.

In summary, I liked the old model and did not realise the new one could be much better, but it was, in spades.

Offline Rocker66

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 white 500X
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent UK
« Reply #537 on: April 13, 2019, 11:11:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by AJC500 [+]
Yeah, if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Quite nice new clocks, facelift to body panels and badging and a trimmed down front mudguard are about all I can see...….. I wonder if they've put better tyres on it!!
19” front wheel more torque different better sounding can taller seat height slipper clutch which is much lighter. As to whether they have fitted better tyres I can assure you the answer is NO!!!. Also choice of replacements is limited due to the 19” front.
Audere est Facere
The throttle should be controlled by two things which are the right hand and common sense
4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Offline kickertwo

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2019, 02:21:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by blumtnman [+]
I'd love to do that, however Mr Honda Aus says the new shipment of bikes is still 2-3 weeks away. Not impressed.
Hope you're very happy with yours, not that I'm jealous oh no, well not much anyway!

more like 2-3 days since you posted your reply EDIT youtuber below has a video from April 8th showing the new 2019

2019 CB500X are in Australia. Nothing yet for the USA. We are last and that seems right as I've only seen a handful since 2014 (not a big CB500 market here)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 02:38:38 AM by kickertwo »

Offline blumtnman

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Katoomba
« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2019, 03:11:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by kickertwo [+]
more like 2-3 days since you posted your reply EDIT youtuber below has a video from April 8th showing the new 2019

2019 CB500X are in Australia. Nothing yet for the USA. We are last and that seems right as I've only seen a handful since 2014 (not a big CB500 market here)

Oh how happy I was to see that, WRONG! That one must have been one of the pre-ordered ones. Spoke to the dealer yesterday, answer will you go away! ( not quite as polite as that!) Answer is still the same after Easter. Jealous of all the pre-ordered ones, oh not at all :232:

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage