Author Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 100866 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Moreorles

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 26
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • Country: au
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #570 on: May 05, 2019, 11:12:38 PM
*Originally Posted by skidooboy [+]
Anybody know if Honda has made changes to the rear footage/mounts over the generations? I'm looking at a set of SWMotech blaze panniers for my 2019 and I'm just wondering if older model units will still fit the 19.

I have just purchased the 2019 model and fitted a Ventura rack from the previous model. It uses the rear footpeg mounts as a connection and it fitted on the new bike perfectly, so you should be safe.

Offline skidooboy

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
  • Where does that trail go?
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • Country: ca
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #571 on: May 06, 2019, 12:26:16 AM
Thanks!
Go Jets Go!!!

Offline JMo

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1476
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
  • Country: us
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #572 on: May 06, 2019, 11:57:40 PM
John got his LEVEL 2 2019 demo bike together over the weekend:



There will be more details soon in the Rally-Raid Vendor section about the specific 2019 parts together with those current parts that are common to all years.

Jx


It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1652
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
  • Country: hn
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #573 on: May 07, 2019, 12:31:39 AM
Hi Jenny - Any info on the updated engine guard? I know that the connecting points are different which no longer requires removing the engine bolts during installation. Is there some kind of new design for easier access for oil changes?

Offline JMo

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1476
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
  • Country: us
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #574 on: May 07, 2019, 12:44:44 AM
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
Hi Jenny - Any info on the updated engine guard? I know that the connecting points are different which no longer requires removing the engine bolts during installation. Is there some kind of new design for easier access for oil changes?

Hi ThirtyOne - the engine guard now mounts to separate [billet] lugs which replace the original spacers on the forward engine mounts - and you install them one at a time, which means the frame should not spring out of alignment in the same was as it did before [for some people].

You then offer up the engine guard to the new lugs, which means you have a lot more free play to get everything to line up front and rear before you need to tighten the bolts.

Similarly, if you wish to remove the guard to change the oil (even though you can pivot down from the front as before of course), then getting it off and back on again will be far easier in future - you undo the two bolt that secure the front of the guard (which are separate to the OEM engine mounting bolts now of course) and pull the pin at the rear, and the whole guard can be removed as required.

Hope that helps!

Jenny x
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1652
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
  • Country: hn
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #575 on: May 07, 2019, 01:50:26 AM
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
Hi ThirtyOne - the engine guard now mounts to separate [billet] lugs which replace the original spacers on the forward engine mounts - and you install them one at a time, which means the frame should not spring out of alignment in the same was as it did before [for some people].

You then offer up the engine guard to the new lugs, which means you have a lot more free play to get everything to line up front and rear before you need to tighten the bolts.

Similarly, if you wish to remove the guard to change the oil (even though you can pivot down from the front as before of course), then getting it off and back on again will be far easier in future - you undo the two bolt that secure the front of the guard (which are separate to the OEM engine mounting bolts now of course) and pull the pin at the rear, and the whole guard can be removed as required.

Hope that helps!

Jenny x

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a good redesign.  :821:

Offline ksmoker2

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 16
  • Country: us
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #576 on: May 08, 2019, 01:43:14 AM
Got an update call today on my 2019 I have ordered. They gave me a ship date of 6/10 from the warehouse and should arrive at the dealership a few days later in South Louisiana.

Offline skidooboy

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
  • Where does that trail go?
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • Country: ca
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #577 on: May 08, 2019, 04:02:06 AM
*Originally Posted by ksmoker2 [+]
Got an update call today on my 2019 I have ordered. They gave me a ship date of 6/10 from the warehouse and should arrive at the dealership a few days later in South Louisiana.

welcome to the waiting on the pins and needles gang.

The next few days are going to be very tough for me, like the longest Christmas Eve ever. They gave me a 10 day delivery window and I'm really hoping it'll be before this weekend.
Go Jets Go!!!

Online motorboy

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1091
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • Country: us
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #578 on: May 08, 2019, 04:21:48 AM
*Originally Posted by ksmoker2 [+]
Got an update call today on my 2019 I have ordered. They gave me a ship date of 6/10 from the warehouse and should arrive at the dealership a few days later in South Louisiana.
May I ask where in south Louisiana and what dealer---I'm in the Lafayette area
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Louis

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 11
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • Country: pl
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #579 on: May 08, 2019, 09:43:12 AM
We get to know each other  :001:










 



victorious-backstage