Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 60754 times)

Geobrumby and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline skidooboy

• CB500X Member
  • Where does that trail go?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: L4 Kordylewski
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #650 on: May 24, 2019, 05:12:57 PM »
congrats.

I'm still waiting...but they updated my shipping date so now i'm looking at the first week of June. cautiously optimistic.

Does anyone in Canada have a red one yet?
Go Jets Go!!!

Offline daHIPPO

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Fort Worth
« Reply #651 on: May 24, 2019, 10:31:45 PM »
Has anyone in NA taken delivery of an ABS model? Had a chance to pick up the non abs 2019 CB500x in Texas but as a new rider I would feel better having ABS.

Offline racer

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 25, 2019, 12:17:11 AM »
Are you sure it was a 2019 model?  No reports of any 2019 cb500x's being delivered yet.  What color was it?

racer

Online rainrider bc

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #653 on: May 25, 2019, 05:21:42 AM »
Thanks for the congrats everyone. Went for a short ride yesterday, could tell right away that this was the right move for me.  :082: Going for a long ride Sunday to give it a good workout. Hope you all get your rides soon
Cheers

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
« Reply #654 on: May 25, 2019, 02:42:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by daHIPPO [+]
Has anyone in NA taken delivery of an ABS model? Had a chance to pick up the non abs 2019 CB500x in Texas but as a new rider I would feel better having ABS.

Be very careful. I've seen underhanded dealers push older bikes as brand new this year's model on people they think don't know how to check manufacture dates.
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Offline racer

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 25, 2019, 03:46:47 PM »
It's either that or he's just jacking with us to get us upset.  Racer

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #656 on: May 25, 2019, 04:15:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
Be very careful. I've seen underhanded dealers push older bikes as brand new this year's model on people they think don't know how to check manufacture dates.

Could be this.

On the other hand, some dealerships will title a bike the year they sell it (or did it previously and don't anymore.) I bought a last model year round-eye Speed Triple. The bike was released as a 2010 SE model and that's what is says on the frame, but when I bought the bike from the original owner, the title had it marked as a 2011. The 2011 Speed Triples were vastly different with a redesigned frame, headlights, etc. I was suspicious and did some research before buying and sure enough, it's not uncommon for a dealer to have a model sitting on the floor for a year or two and then when it sells they title it for the current year.

Now, if they're telling you that it is in fact a 2019, then that's not right.

Offline racer

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 25, 2019, 08:01:20 PM »
Hey, Honda, since you're releasing the new CB500x so late in the year, why not just go ahead and call them 2020 models.  Racer

Offline PiotrL

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 25, 2019, 10:23:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Applecorp [+]
About that review again... So he was complaining about buzz in the foot pegs. He was complaining so much about it that I though that I have to test ride one before buying it, just in case. So I had back to back test rides of a new model yesterday and 2017 one today. 2019 demo bike had some 1100km on the clock, 2017 had 30k++ . I have to admit that new one had noticeably more vibrations in the foot pegs, actually much more than 2017 one. I don't know if the new was not relay broke in yet or if it was just specific to this particular motorcycle, but it was so much more that it was a deal breaker for me... So giving a credit where credit is due, this guy has saved me money and frustration.

I suppose that it's pretty clear that trying to argue that 2019 model is vibrating more than previous based on a single experiment (or two experiments actually?) would be ridiculous, but I'd say that one should have a test ride before making a purchase decision. I'm glad that I did. I'm not sure why Warro and Sven Olsen are not experiencing similar condition. I suppose that everybody has a different threshold of acceptance of annoyances. We do have a different gear, riding style and particular model of a machine, it all makes a difference.

Anyway, just to share few more thoughts from both rides:
  • 2017 instrument panel is not that bad, it's just different. I did not feel that I'd miss much by having it rather than 2019 one, except gear indicator of course
  • There is a noticeable loss of power when compared to my XL700 Transalp, but for whatever reason I did not seam to care: it was enough for me anyway
  • Riding position was better on 2019 one for me. I'm 190cm with 87cm inseam. I did not really fit on 2017 one too well. I don't think I'd be comfortable on longer trips on it
  • Vibrations on the handle bar and tank were noticeable in both models above 4500-5000 rpm, but perfectly acceptable. It's the foot pegs where the difference was. Transalp also vibrates on the foot pegs but I can accept that: it's the Transalp's handle bar vibrations @4000-5000 rpm that I cannot stand...
  • cb500x is only some 30kg lighter than Transalp but I was suprised how big of a different it made it terms of handling the bike. For example slow speed maneuvering was so much easier on CB

Regards,
Piotr.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:54:59 PM by PiotrL »

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
« Reply #659 on: May 25, 2019, 10:56:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by PiotrL [+]
About that review again... So he was complaining about buzz in the foot pegs. He was complaining so much about it that I though that I have to test ride one before buying it, just in case. So I had back to back test rides of a new model yesterday and 2017 one today. 2019 demo bike had some 1100km on the clock, 2017 had 30k++ . I have to admit that new one had noticeably more vibrations in the foot pegs, actually much more than 2017 one. I don't know if the new was not relay broke in yet or if it was just specific to this particular motorcycle, but it was so much more that it was a deal breaker for me... So giving a credit where credit is due, this guy has saved me money and frustration.

I suppose that it's pretty clear that trying to argue that 2019 model is vibrating more that previous based on a single experiment (or two experiments actually?) would be ridiculous, but I'd say that one should have a test ride before making a purchase decision. I'm glad that I did. I'm not sure why Warro and Sven Olsen are not experiencing similar condition. I suppose that everybody has a different threshold of acceptance of annoyances. We do have a different gear, riding style and particular model of a machine, it all makes a difference.

Anyway, just to share few more thoughts from both rides:
  • 2017 instrument panel is not that bad, it's just different. I did not feel that I'd miss much by having it rather than 2019 one, except gear indicator of course
  • There is a noticeable loss of power when compared to my XL700 Transalp, but for whatever reason I did not seam to care: it was enough for me anyway
  • Riding position was better on 2019 one for me. I'm 190cm with 87cm inseam. I did not really fit on 2017 one too well. I don't think I'd be comfortable on longer trips on it
  • Vibrations on the handle bar and tank were noticeable in both models above 4500-5000 rpm, but perfectly acceptable. It's the foot pegs where the difference was. Transalp also vibrates on the foot pegs but I can accept that: it's the Transalp's handle bar vibrations @4000-5000 rpm that I cannot stand...
  • cb500x is only some 30kg lighter than Transalp but I was suprised how big of a different it made it terms of handling the bike. For example slow speed maneuvering was so much easier on CB

Regards,
Piotr.

I miss the torque compared to my Transalp 600....top speed isn't that different, but like you say, the X feels much lighter. I read that Honda specced an anti-vibration top yoke and taper bars on the '19 (presumably to further minimize vibration, so maybe this became apparent when they were revising it. the peg vibration could be just an individual build issue...some do, some don't?

Recent Topics