Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 77767 times)

Offline motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
Re: 2019 CB500X
« Reply #710 on: June 06, 2019, 04:16:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
The current R&G radiator guard fits the new bikes too:

All the rear racks (and pannier frames) should also fit the 2019 bikes, as the rear-end is unchanged - and the footrest hangers are also the same as the 2017-18 models too.

Jx
Good to know
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline PIGLET

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • City / Town: DURHAM UK
« Reply #711 on: June 06, 2019, 07:39:03 AM »
 :152: Good so it's a rear rack for me! already have  a rad guard and upper crash bars and center stand on mine.  :046: :046: :046:

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
« Reply #712 on: June 06, 2019, 04:30:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by skidooboy [+]

The pannier looks pretty close to the exhaust outlet in the pic. have you had any issues with heat?

I fitted some Givi E 36 polycarbonate panniers on my Transalp 600. no issues with clearance, but I made the mistake of stashing a big chunk of Roquefort in the exhaust side pannier last year. Blue cheese is quite soft at the best of times but by the time I arrived at the campsite after a five hour schlepp, I literally poured it out...lol.

thankfully, there was a launderette on site!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 04:36:20 PM by Jonathan »

Offline skidooboy

• CB500X Member
  • Where does that trail go?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: L4 Kordylewski
« Reply #713 on: June 06, 2019, 05:59:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
The pannier looks pretty close to the exhaust outlet in the pic. have you had any issues with heat?

I fitted some Givi E 36 polycarbonate panniers on my Transalp 600. no issues with clearance, but I made the mistake of stashing a big chunk of Roquefort in the exhaust side pannier last year. Blue cheese is quite soft at the best of times but by the time I arrived at the campsite after a five hour schlepp, I literally poured it out...lol.

thankfully, there was a launderette on site!

LOL what a smell to have in your pannier! I bet it still smells!

no noticeable problem with the heat. but i did almost entirely highway miles in a strong wind so not sure if it'd be a problem yet. the mechanic and I took a long lookwhen we mounted them at the shop and both think there's enough space that it shouldn't melt. i'll keep my eye on it and maybe put on some kind of heat shield if I see any problems.

250 k on it here's what I noticed.

buffeting....meh sure it's a thing....but I can deal. I think ear plugs will help.
Vibrations... yep they are there...after 2 hours highway riding I could begin to feel a slight tingle creeping in....no big deal.
power....ample enough roll on in sixth to blast past a B-train Semi confidently on a 2 lane highway.

my only real complaint is the shifter lever can be a bit of a hunt with my big boots on.....might change that.

still 100% satisfied with my choice...and I think it looks amazing.

the Shad e-48 side bags fit the look and give a lot of capacity.

the Oxford S20 R tank bag is a bit large and in tight territory it might make steering tough.....but im kinda stuck with it.

Honda OEM "Light bar" is on the way and will be my first wrenching experience on my new toy so I'm looking forward to that.

going riding this weekend I'll pass on more info if I deem it worthwhile.

Go Jets Go!!!

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #714 on: June 06, 2019, 06:30:57 PM »
That rally raided 500X looks frikkin awesome, totally transforms the bike. I want one.

Are those type of tyres road legal?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:32:08 PM by Applecorp »

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #715 on: June 06, 2019, 08:14:26 PM »

Congrats. The long wait is over.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 06, 2019, 08:42:17 PM »

LOL what a smell to have in your pannier! I bet it still smells!

no noticeable problem with the heat. but i did almost entirely highway miles in a strong wind so not sure if it'd be a problem yet. the mechanic and I took a long lookwhen we mounted them at the shop and both think there's enough space that it shouldn't melt. i'll keep my eye on it and maybe put on some kind of heat shield if I see any problems.

250 k on it here's what I noticed.

buffeting....meh sure it's a thing....but I can deal. I think ear plugs will help.
Vibrations... yep they are there...after 2 hours highway riding I could begin to feel a slight tingle creeping in....no big deal.
power....ample enough roll on in sixth to blast past a B-train Semi confidently on a 2 lane highway.

my only real complaint is the shifter lever can be a bit of a hunt with my big boots on.....might change that.

still 100% satisfied with my choice...and I think it looks amazing.

the Shad e-48 side bags fit the look and give a lot of capacity.

the Oxford S20 R tank bag is a bit large and in tight territory it might make steering tough.....but im kinda stuck with it.

Honda OEM "Light bar" is on the way and will be my first wrenching experience on my new toy so I'm looking forward to that.

going riding this weekend I'll pass on more info if I deem it worthwhile.

If exhaust heat doesn't seem to be an issue, it might still be worth coating the base with something if it catches the gases. Some decent spray on Fabric waterproofer would do it.

I found the shifter a bit of a hunt when I first rode mine. I played around with the position and it was OK after that. Don't want to get you started on unecessary farkling until you've got some miles under your belt, but I ended up swapping out the pegs for some Motech evo adjustable jobs and it made a huge difference in foot position and gear lever reach....it's probably only a matter of mm  but it was worth the expense.

shame the tank bag is a touch on the large side as it's one of only a few that I've seen that appear to fit the X tank profile properly

Have fun!

Offline skidooboy

• CB500X Member
  • Where does that trail go?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • City / Town: L4 Kordylewski
« Reply #717 on: June 10, 2019, 03:02:08 AM »
well 500 or so kilometres on my 19X

About 300 highway, 100 street, 90 gravel, and 10 on The Queens right of way/Equipment Roads/turkey tracks/sandy lanes/and mud.

The Bike Rocks. It is, as Hyped.

As a highway bike it feels mostly  fine.... it'll cruise all day at 110 KPH no problem but it seems light in crosswinds. Into or out of the wind is great,  but cross winds at 110kph were less fun than I hoped. I don't know, maybe no bike is fun in a cross wind. Also it gets a little tingly in the fingers and hands after a couple hours straight riding at highway speeds. nothing insurmountable, but it's there.....whatever. Buffeting? No worse than any other bike I've ever ridden that wasn't wearing a giant windjammer style fairing.i'm 6-2 and it didn't bother me really.

I think a bigger heavier bike would suit you better if you're gonna be NA style long haul highway driver criss-crossing the continent.

For me, my happy place? Its gravel and off road at 70k or less. There, the bike is awesome. Comfortable capable, and economical.

in the city it's great. the power is ,as Rolls Royce used to say "Adequate". Sure a bigger bike will walk away from you but keeping up with cars and trucks is not a problem. and it keeps its cool  I rode in 30degrees Celsius city traffic putting 100 kms on the odometer in the hot sun and the temperature didn't even twitch. everything just works.

And it's cheap to insure.

I love this bike!
Go Jets Go!!!

Offline Applecorp

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #718 on: June 10, 2019, 02:37:42 PM »
The 500X is a great bike. I'd love to have the new model but unfortunately, I have slightly spoiled myself with the Tracer, I would find it very hard (as a one bike only man now) to go "down" to a 500X, I'd be losing a lot of features that I currently have. If only I could afford to go back to having two bikes, the 500X would be a no brainer again.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:39:01 PM by Applecorp »

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 10, 2019, 08:09:46 PM »
well 500 or so kilometres on my 19X

About 300 highway, 100 street, 90 gravel, and 10 on The Queens right of way/Equipment Roads/turkey tracks/sandy lanes/and mud.

The Bike Rocks. It is, as Hyped.

As a highway bike it feels mostly  fine.... it'll cruise all day at 110 KPH no problem but it seems light in crosswinds. Into or out of the wind is great,  but cross winds at 110kph were less fun than I hoped. I don't know, maybe no bike is fun in a cross wind. Also it gets a little tingly in the fingers and hands after a couple hours straight riding at highway speeds. nothing insurmountable, but it's there.....whatever. Buffeting? No worse than any other bike I've ever ridden that wasn't wearing a giant windjammer style fairing.i'm 6-2 and it didn't bother me really.

I think a bigger heavier bike would suit you better if you're gonna be NA style long haul highway driver criss-crossing the continent.

For me, my happy place? Its gravel and off road at 70k or less. There, the bike is awesome. Comfortable capable, and economical.

in the city it's great. the power is ,as Rolls Royce used to say "Adequate". Sure a bigger bike will walk away from you but keeping up with cars and trucks is not a problem. and it keeps its cool  I rode in 30degrees Celsius city traffic putting 100 kms on the odometer in the hot sun and the temperature didn't even twitch. everything just works.

And it's cheap to insure.

I love this bike!

Glad you're enjoying it....it's too underpowered and lightweight for long distance touring that involves big stretches of highway, but for most other shortish hops on byways and the like, it's pretty well sorted.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage