Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: boots with thick soles.  (Read 2621 times)

Offline JoeD

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 CB500X
  • City / Town: Fallbrook
Re: boots with thick soles.
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2018, 05:08:01 PM »
I'm at the other end of the height spectrum (193 cm) but I can second the Daytona boots recommendation. Mine are about 12 years old and still in good shape and comfortable despite all of the armor. If you order them be aware they do run a tiny bit big.

Offline BikerBill

• CB500X Member
  • Returning Biker after 15+yrs
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
  • City / Town: Herts & Beds
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 09:36:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by mrklunk [+]
Not cheap but these would do the job? I'm still hankering after a pair for winter.

https://www.getgeared.co.uk/forma-adventure-motorcycle-boots-wp

I would agree with these, got mine when I got my X in mid October (170 on Amazon at the time, now 210 so go with above link.)

Ridden 5/6 days a week, every week, despite the weather, just coming up on 6K miles (in 4 months of British winter  :005:), and my feet stay dry and warm so when wearing them at work all is good :015:. They take about 3-4 days of breaking in (wear them every where you can!) but now they are almost slipper like. I wear them when cleaning bike and wash them with the hose whilst still on to remove road salt. Lost their shine, but otherwise still all good, the internals are all still in place and remain a good snug, but not tight fit.
If it aint broken, it will break, best learn how to fix it!
Puch 50 (82-83), DR250 (85-87), CB100 (91),  Diversion 900 (91-95)

Offline 303

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 CB500XA
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 05:30:19 AM »
has anyone run the Forma Adventure long term off road on "real pegs"? Their web site says:
Due to the special lightweight sole design, these boots are not recommended for use with kick-start bikes or bikes with aggressive motocross style foot-pegs.  If you are a rider that mostly stands up when you ride, we would recommend the Forma Terra Evo boots for durability.

Don't remember seeing that before. No big deal here but maybe something to keep in mind when deciding. The place I bought mine from did say the Terra's were a better boot for ankle protection and buckle strength but nothing about the sole that I remember.

I guess I'll have to hurry up and wear these ones out so I can get some new ones if I decide to do more/some/any off road.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage