Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi Monokey pannier racks measurement request  (Read 1478 times)

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Givi Monokey pannier racks measurement request
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 07:40:38 PM »
Much thanks to both of you. As Ben said, the rack system is the flat style. It appears that there is a bit of room back there on the left side to stuff a toolbox. Excellent

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 03:52:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
Much thanks to both of you. As Ben said, the rack system is the flat style. It appears that there is a bit of room back there on the left side to stuff a toolbox. Excellent

You're welcome. I've been thinking about stuffing a small Pelican case in there to hold my tool pouch and tire tools.

Offline rambrose

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: YBR125 & CB500X
  • City / Town: Plymouth
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 08:58:03 PM »
Just to add some confusion, my racks are different. :087:
I have the trk33 panniers

Not adding any spacers I could mount a box 92x255x290mm (d x w x h)
2017 CB500x ABS. RR Lvl1 forks. Fender extenders. Rear Honda hugger. Honda centre stand. Oxford advanced pro touring heated grips. Barkbuster VPS guards. Bar riser. GPS bar. Zumo660. Mirror extenders. Clip on screen deflector. RR foot pegs. Rotopax fuel can. Rr led light repeaters. Givi Trekker 46Ltr top box, 33ltr panniers

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 09:27:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by rambrose [+]
Just to add some confusion, my racks are different. :087:
I have the trk33 panniers

Not adding any spacers I could mount a box 92x255x290mm (d x w x h)

Can't beat a bit of shoe-horning! :062:

Offline SilverCycle

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 17 Red
  • City / Town: Sunny Worthing
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 08:32:16 PM »
Hi, I have 2017 model X and the Givi standard (ie not V35) racks. I was interested to see the V35 rack photos, as it makes a much snugger fit to the bike. Maybe a better option if the panniers themselves suit (not for me, I think). Anyway, I already had some notes re the dimensions to fit the Givi toolbox:

"Givi rack rectangle is tilted forwards by only a small amount - is not far off level. Outside dimensions of rectangle 300mm long, 210mm high, additional 25mm height at the top wedge. Whose centre is 160mm from the front (this may be inaccurate, suggests slightly asymetric, although the panniers do go on either way suggesting symmetrical). The top rail is 110mm below the top of the unsquished seat (at one arbitrary point). And the inside is ~160mm from the tyre (on LHS). In event of different tyre, or especially, deflated, loose, tyre, this may be much less."

I haven't any measure yet re vertical clearance to exhaust, swingarm, disk or chain.

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 11:33:57 PM »
A big thank you to all for your contributions. From the looks of it, my plans for a tool box will work out after all.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 11:59:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by SilverCycle [+]
Hi, I have 2017 model X and the Givi standard (ie not V35) racks. I was interested to see the V35 rack photos, as it makes a much snugger fit to the bike. Maybe a better option if the panniers themselves suit (not for me, I think). Anyway, I already had some notes re the dimensions to fit the Givi toolbox:

"Givi rack rectangle is tilted forwards by only a small amount - is not far off level. Outside dimensions of rectangle 300mm long, 210mm high, additional 25mm height at the top wedge. Whose centre is 160mm from the front (this may be inaccurate, suggests slightly asymetric, although the panniers do go on either way suggesting symmetrical). The top rail is 110mm below the top of the unsquished seat (at one arbitrary point). And the inside is ~160mm from the tyre (on LHS). In event of different tyre, or especially, deflated, loose, tyre, this may be much less."

I haven't any measure yet re vertical clearance to exhaust, swingarm, disk or chain.

And I have pics.

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 12:25:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by SilverCycle [+]

This is a great help. The Bumot box is 25cm L x 15cm W x 12cm. With the 160mm from the tire on the inside, it should work.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage