Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Norway  (Read 1476 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 2Bpencil

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 161
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 04:46:44 PM »
 :400:
I'm planning a Nordkapp visit next year- I'll wave if I see you!

Offline trollbiker

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Country: no
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Haugesund
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 05:57:59 PM »
Will wave back  :460:
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Offline Jonathan

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1133
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 10:40:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by trollbiker [+]
Will wave back  :460:

Hi Trollbiker....As a motorcyclist, when would you consider is the best time of year to visit Norway?
Living in the UK, I tend to head south, to France, Spain etc. but I like the idea of a Scandinavian tour....

Offline Trailrunner

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 389
  • Country: us
  • Let's Ride Enjoying the outdoors aboard the CBX
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBX
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 04:51:14 PM »
 :400:

Offline trollbiker

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Country: no
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Haugesund
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 02:07:43 PM »
OK time has gone and I received my CB500X 2019 model 8th of March....It is now near 10.000 km. I have done a lot of videos and reviews of my new bike, you will find them on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SvenOlsen

BTW the world trip I planned is cancelled due to the financial challenges. But I did buy the bike I wanted for the trip. It will be upgraded to Level II Rally Raid in near future (waiting for order to be processed)...

Here is my 9000 km review:

4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Offline 2Bpencil

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 161
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Tunbridge Wells
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 02:25:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
Hi Trollbiker....As a motorcyclist, when would you consider is the best time of year to visit Norway?
Living in the UK, I tend to head south, to France, Spain etc. but I like the idea of a Scandinavian tour....
Without wanting to intrude on Trollbikers expertise:
I just did the Scandinavian circuit, anti-clockwise, including Nordkapp, returning two weeks ago.  There was still plenty of snow on the high ground, but that's unusually late this year. The advantage of a late May/early June trip is that it may be too cold for the mozzies, and just about too early for the summer migration of camper vans.
The roads are awesome, tunnels many and views breathtaking. Beware of reindeer, elk, cattle and sheep on the road. And traffic police. Fines are apparently as expensive as the drink.
Stayed in campsites with some huts when it was raining + hostels.
There's lots of other bikers on the road- it was interesting watching the Harleys + Goldwings tackling the Trollstigen Pass.
I'd highly recommend the trip.

Offline trollbiker

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Country: no
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Haugesund
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 02:33:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by 2Bpencil [+]

I'd highly recommend the trip.
Im glad to hear you had a great trip into my country. This summer has been very cold so far, colder than usual. But there was not much snow falling down in the winter, so the snow has gone early even if the weather has been cold so far (except a couple of weeks in the spring).

Cheers
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Offline PIGLET

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
  • City / Town: DURHAM UK
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 06:39:26 PM »
 :400: :046: :046: :046: :046: :152: :152: :152: :062: :306:

Offline ewryly

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 719
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 09:46:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by trollbiker [+]
OK time has gone and I received my CB500X 2019 model 8th of March....It is now near 10.000 km. I have done a lot of videos and reviews of my new bike, you will find them on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/SvenOlsen

BTW the world trip I planned is cancelled due to the financial challenges. But I did buy the bike I wanted for the trip. It will be upgraded to Level II Rally Raid in near future (waiting for order to be processed)...


Nice review, Sven.  Who makes the wind deflector you mounted on your bike?

Offline trollbiker

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 27
  • Country: no
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Haugesund
Re: Hello from Norway
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 09:24:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by ewryly [+]
Nice review, Sven.  Who makes the wind deflector you mounted on your bike?
Thanks, I found the deflector here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202596687119
Sven
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

 


Recent Topics