Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Wind BLOCKING pants  (Read 632 times)

Offline Winchester

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2018 CB500XABS
  • City / Town: Blue Ridge Mtns
Wind BLOCKING pants
« on: November 17, 2018, 03:04:48 AM »
Finally found the motorcycle rain pants I wanted. Elastic around the waist so no belts, straps, ties, yadayada. Putem on and go. Im keepenem. Not cheap but well made. Saleslady assured me they WOULD also BLOCK the cold wind. Nope. They dont BLOCK cold wind and that's with heavy jeans and heavy duty long underwear.

I have excellent jackets and now the First Gear, long sleeve, heated liner. Not sure (yet) I want to buy the heated pants??

Anybody know what PANTS (under or over) definitely will without spending hundreds of $$? The Honda wind deflectors installed today are basically useless and Im an average size rider.

Thanks.
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Wind BLOCKING pants
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 03:49:11 AM »
I own zero heated kit, but my friend, who has been in the motorcycle game since the early 60s has a ton of heated gear. He uses Gerbing branded heated gear and swears by it. Appears very expensive, but if it means comfort sometimes I'll splurge.

Offline Winchester

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 03:58:51 AM »
Thanks 31.

I'm kinda tied into First Gear wiring, controllers, etc. Inside liner 1st experience, so far, has been good. But, yes, this heated gear is expensive and why I'm trying to find a wind blocker for my legs without spending big $. I've got the right long underwear but even doubled up - won't stop the wind.

Thanks again.
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 02:34:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Winchester [+]
Thanks 31.

I'm kinda tied into First Gear wiring, controllers, etc. Inside liner 1st experience, so far, has been good. But, yes, this heated gear is expensive and why I'm trying to find a wind blocker for my legs without spending big $. I've got the right long underwear but even doubled up - won't stop the wind.

Thanks again.

I would check out camping stores, REI if you have one nearby as they have an unconditional return policy. Even if it's something you bought 10 years ago. The hiking/camping industry has some great products. I would also consider diving into companies that make snowmobile riding equipment.

If you really want to take one step sideways, then look into some leather chaps or leather pants. Got a set of custom chaps on craigslist that zip up the sides, this was back when I first started riding. Definitely no wind getting through those.

Offline ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 02:57:51 PM »
I agree with ThirtyOne.  I have a Gore Tex Windstopper shirt from Aerostich that I love (http://www.aerostich.com/windstopper-jersey-w-Aerostich-graphic.html) because it is so light and easy to carry.  I haven't bothered to look for similar pants--largely because I believe in the redemptive power of pain and because I don't ride when it is too cold  :190:--but something like Gore Tex Windstopper on top of a couple of layers--merino wool and protective gear--might do the trick.

Offline Winchester

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 04:55:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by ewryly [+]
I agree with ThirtyOne.  I have a Gore Tex Windstopper shirt from Aerostich that I love (http://www.aerostich.com/windstopper-jersey-w-Aerostich-graphic.html) because it is so light and easy to carry.  I haven't bothered to look for similar pants--largely because I believe in the redemptive power of pain and because I don't ride when it is too cold  :190:--but something like Gore Tex Windstopper on top of a couple of layers--merino wool and protective gear--might do the trick.

We have the same shirt from Aero. Agreed - GOOD piece of kit.

Maybe if I turn that shirt upside down, put 1 leg in at a time? I found KNOX (UK) has a pair of pants that claim to block wind. US distributor has them. I asked about return policy. Told me I can inspect and return but not wear them and return - which I understand. So how do I check wind blocking in my kitchen??? I'm a little suspicious about ordering anything right now after purchasing and installing the totally useless "wind deflectors" from Honda.

I will contact Knox directly and ask them about their return policy.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage