Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greetings from Oz  (Read 347 times)

Offline rodr

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Coffs Harbour
Re: Greetings from Oz
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 11:38:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by gregjet [+]
He lives in one of the best riding areas of Australia. The tablelands up behind him are superb for riding.  The roads up and down the range just pure fun.
Why Coff's? Are you working there?

I do consulting via the internet so can pretty much work from anywhere. Coffs because we love the area! I'm really looking forward to exploring inland a bit.

EDIT: Oh and if you have any suggestions for routes I'm all ears. :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:27:28 AM by rodr »

Offline gregjet

• CB500X Pro
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Bundaberg
Re: Greetings from Oz
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 03:38:06 AM »
You won't need suggestions. Just head toward the tablelands and the scenic rim. There are brilliant rides all over the place.
Some nice wineries near Armidale. Some up in Qld around Stanthorpe as well.
Have a little cruise into Angourie and Yamba. for the sea scapes.
The Old Putty road used to be a brilliant ride but I am not up to date with whether it still is.
Up the Summerland way in Qld and associated roads during all but Summer.
Avoid Brisbane. GPS is always out of date and the toll roads are a ripoff. Garbage place to drive or ride as it was never planned properly and only works if you live there. Sydney same.
A nice trip down to Canberra. Or down the Prince's ( NOT Princess) Highway in NSW and Vic to the Lakes Entrance area then back up via the high country.
I love Coff's. Nearly moved there when I retired but found an even better climate in Bundaberg.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:39:32 AM by gregjet »

Recent Topics