Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What are your weekend plans?  (Read 6441 times)

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: What are your weekend plans?
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2019, 04:49:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
Today I discovered that HEED crash bars do not work with the remote preload adjuster from the RR kit. Looking into a custom bracket.  :110:

these are the set-backs that you can't know until you've actually got the parts in your hand. Are they still speccing the preload adjuster to be mounted up front next to the nearside cylinder?

they used to be strapped to the frame near the rear reservoir....if you're in a rush this may be an option until you sort a bracket

Jmo would be the one to speak to
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:50:42 PM by Jonathan »

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2019, 09:44:25 PM »
I had asked another forum member here to send pics of his HEED bar before I bought them and it looked like it was going to be an issue from the images. I saw it coming but was hopeful that there was just enough clearance. I can trim the RR bracket or make a new one altogether. With limited time, I might just mount my fog lights on a Denali bracket and deal with the HEED bars when I have the time and energy. ( both of which I dont have right now)

A minor setback, but such is life. The L2 install is going smoothly for the most part.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2019, 10:00:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
I had asked another forum member here to send pics of his HEED bar before I bought them and it looked like it was going to be an issue from the images. I saw it coming but was hopeful that there was just enough clearance. I can trim the RR bracket or make a new one altogether. With limited time, I might just mount my fog lights on a Denali bracket and deal with the HEED bars when I have the time and energy. ( both of which I dont have right now)

A minor setback, but such is life. The L2 install is going smoothly for the most part.

If it's the top bars (rather than lowers) would it be possible to space the bracket out and use longer bolts to gain clearance?

or maybe use a 'mending plate' for the front bolt so you can tilt the bracket backwards, out of the way?

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2019, 11:18:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]

If it's the top bars (rather than lowers) would it be possible to space the bracket out and use longer bolts to gain clearance?

or maybe use a 'mending plate' for the front bolt so you can tilt the bracket backwards, out of the way?

Could work maybe. One of the issues is that I leave for the USA in a week and need the bike up and rolling with the the L2 kit before I fly. When I come back at the end of July I leave almost immediately for a two week trip in Guatemala to take a friend as pillion.

The other issue is that here in Honduras we have had riots and protests with major road blockages, some which are going on right now as I type. We had work canceled last week because of this. So I dont have the ability to look around for a bracket like that.

The adjuster needs to be pointed more upward or relocated. Spacing it out would only push it further into he HEED bar.

It can be fixed, but there are quite a few issues that wont make this an easy process.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:19:33 PM by ThirtyOne »

Recent Topics