Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best suspension upgrade.  (Read 769 times)

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline JMo

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1041
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: Best suspension upgrade.
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 07:28:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
I never suggested that it was expensive, only that it has dropped in price. Considering the cost for a full front/rear L1, I think it's a very fair price.

Hi ThirtyOne - I appreciate that, so to clarify your comment particularly: Rally-Raid have not dropped the price of the LEVEL 1 kit - it basically costs what it always cost when it was introduced - the only difference is the Pound has decreased in value against other currencies over the last 18 months due to Brexit, which for buyers outside of the UK, means it now costs correspondingly less than it did before.

Jx
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:31:39 AM by JMo »
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Online ThirtyOne

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 891
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
  • City / Town: Tegucigalpa
Re: Best suspension upgrade.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 11:56:56 AM »
Well, I stand corrected.

Offline JMo

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1041
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: Best suspension upgrade.
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
Well, I stand corrected.

No worries - I appreciate your enthusiasm, it's just in such matters I feel it important to make sure the correct information is out there, especially regarding those products/companies I've been involved with directly.

The internet is rife with misinformation these days - as I'm sure we're all too well aware!

Jenny x
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Marv_

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 49
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Suffolk
Re: Best suspension upgrade.
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 06:39:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
No worries - I appreciate your enthusiasm, it's just in such matters I feel it important to make sure the correct information is out there, especially regarding those products/companies I've been involved with directly.

The internet is rife with misinformation these days - as I'm sure we're all too well aware!

Jenny x

....and there was me hoping the price would drop below 500, in the new year  :008:

Online ThirtyOne

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 891
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
  • City / Town: Tegucigalpa
Re: Best suspension upgrade.
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 07:08:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Marv_ [+]
....and there was me hoping the price would drop below 500, in the new year  :008:

I ran stock suspensions on my bikes for a long long time. I only learned about the benefits of aftermarket suspensions after buying a bike that was already fully sorted with an aftermarket kit, and even then I didn't buy that bike especially because it had high end suspenders. But, once I swung a leg over the bike and went down the road, I realized how much of a difference it can make. And how does the saying go? "Buy once, cry once"?  :008:

Online Jonathan

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 301
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lancashire
Re: Best suspension upgrade.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 10:21:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
I never suggested that it was expensive, only that it has dropped in price. Considering the cost for a full front/rear L1, I think it's a very fair price.

Maybe it was me! I'm saving up for the RR L1 fork kit simply because the parts alone wouldn't be far off at retail prices (bespoke damper valve, spring upgrade, machined damper rod to suit) and that's without any R & D...I have the Tractive shock installed, since the back end was pants but I wanted to see if I could improve the front end by playing with oil height, weight and pre-load before pulling the trigger on something sufficient. Don't believe what they say about front end improvements on a 2016 model...it's just as carp as the earlier version. :006:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:28:51 PM by Jonathan »

Online Jonathan

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 301
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lancashire
Re: Best suspension upgrade.
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 10:26:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
Hi ThirtyOne - I appreciate that, so to clarify your comment particularly: Rally-Raid have not dropped the price of the LEVEL 1 kit - it basically costs what it always cost when it was introduced - the only difference is the Pound has decreased in value against other currencies over the last 18 months due to Brexit, which for buyers outside of the UK, means it now costs correspondingly less than it did before.

Jx

So depending on how the vote goes, if I nip over to Dublin and order it from there, will it work out cheaper? Deal....or no deal? :008:


Offline mrichi

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 44
  • Country: au
  • mrichi
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 CB500XA
  • City / Town: TANUNDA STH AUST
Re: Best suspension upgrade.
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 10:54:04 PM »
I put the RR level 1 kit on my x and found the ride improvement excellent , particularly the rear shock was a lot more compliant over the bumps
Honda CB500X
Harley Dyna Super Glide Custom
1974 Honda CB500f
1973 Honda CB350f
Honda Super Magna

 


Recent Topics


victorious-backstage