Basic Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi Hand Guard HP1121  (Read 23826 times)

Offline Pocketpete

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2017
  • City / Town: Gee Cross
Re: Givi Hand Guard HP1121
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2019, 09:53:56 PM »
I've fitted the givi. They keep the wind off but wont help much in a crash. But they look good and help keep the rain off your gloves. The bar end weights can spin if not attached properly. If they are stuck wrap them in loads of insulation tape grip them with some good grip pliers and use an Allen key on a long ratchet. They go snap and open fine after that I suspect they gave a bit of thread lock from the factory.

Offline Daniel Bonnr

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Fjrs
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2019, 07:47:54 AM »
I had no problems removing the bar end weights, used the insulation tape trick above and it worked great.

My problem is the other way around that after installation the bar end weight spinns around the screw. The bar ends was free spinning around the screw before the initial removing when added the Givi Handguards.

Does anyone of you have at trick or good input on how to fix this. The Givi handguards have a soft foam between them and the outer end of the bar end weight. The screw goes through the handguards and the bar end weight and makes the handguards a bit instable in the outer ends becaus the rotation in the bar end weights.
CB500X -2016
CRF 250 Rally -2017

Offline Pocketpete

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »
Mine dont spin did you use the new givi boots they are longer

Online Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2019, 12:20:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Daniel Bonnr [+]
I had no problems removing the bar end weights, used the insulation tape trick above and it worked great.

My problem is the other way around that after installation the bar end weight spinns around the screw. The bar ends was free spinning around the screw before the initial removing when added the Givi Handguards.

Does anyone of you have at trick or good input on how to fix this. The Givi handguards have a soft foam between them and the outer end of the bar end weight. The screw goes through the handguards and the bar end weight and makes the handguards a bit instable in the outer ends becaus the rotation in the bar end weights.

It's not just the end weights rut spin. The whole Honda weight assembly including the part inside the bar spins, as it sits inside a sleeve that clips into the holes under the grips.

Offline Pocketpete

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »
I would take it apart and try again there are two parts before the weight these lock In to place and stop it all moving have a look at the manual or the fiche. Mines rock solid.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage