Basic Search



Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: mileage  (Read 2496 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline uku383

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 553
  • Country: au
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Wollongong, NSW
Re: mileage
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 04:04:50 AM »
I've love to take the accolades that I'm hard-core, but the truth is a bit different. It can get a bit cold in winter, but we don't have to worry about the type of weather you guys get in the northern hemisphere, so year-round riding is possible (although it's noticeable just how many extra bikes are around on weekends in summer). Also, I'm single so I don't have anyone to stop me having fun!

As for riding to work, I have the advantage of an office where I keep everything but a shirt, and my commute is mostly via lovely country roads, so I never get tired of the traffic. My idea of a traffic jam is swerving wombats and echidnas! LOL

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X RRL1
  • City / Town: Tegucigalpa
Re: mileage
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 04:16:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by uku383 [+]
I've love to take the accolades that I'm hard-core, but the truth is a bit different. It can get a bit cold in winter, but we don't have to worry about the type of weather you guys get in the northern hemisphere, so year-round riding is possible (although it's noticeable just how many extra bikes are around on weekends in summer). Also, I'm single so I don't have anyone to stop me having fun!

As for riding to work, I have the advantage of an office where I keep everything but a shirt, and my commute is mostly via lovely country roads, so I never get tired of the traffic. My idea of a traffic jam is swerving wombats and echidnas! LOL

Sounds like a biker's paradise.

I know the feeling. Lived in the northeast of the USA my whole life (cold snowy winters) and now have year round riding. Pretty much never want to give it up. Unfortunately, my commute isn't as nice as yours. 1.2 miles on and then off a highway, door to door.

Offline Jonathan

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 691
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: mileage
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 12:26:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by uku383 [+]
I've love to take the accolades that I'm hard-core, but the truth is a bit different. It can get a bit cold in winter, but we don't have to worry about the type of weather you guys get in the northern hemisphere, so year-round riding is possible (although it's noticeable just how many extra bikes are around on weekends in summer). Also, I'm single so I don't have anyone to stop me having fun!

As for riding to work, I have the advantage of an office where I keep everything but a shirt, and my commute is mostly via lovely country roads, so I never get tired of the traffic. My idea of a traffic jam is swerving wombats and echidnas! LOL

you need some of these to stick on the fairing....





« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:27:58 PM by Jonathan »

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X RRL1
  • City / Town: Tegucigalpa
Re: mileage
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 02:29:57 PM »
Haha. I'm sure that will deter them!

Offline Jonathan

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 691
  • Country: gb
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: mileage
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 04:22:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
Haha. I'm sure that will deter them!

I'm thinking more in terms of 'confirmed kills'....like they did on the side of fighter planes during the war  :016:



Not that I've got anything against wombats! In fact I hate squishing anything, even by mistake...one of the reasons I don't like gardening - too many half worms

anyhow...speaking of stickers, any update on that one I posted several decades ago?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:24:23 PM by Jonathan »

Offline Hillie

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 37
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500x ABS
  • City / Town: SW Washington
Re: mileage
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 07:09:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by ThirtyOne [+]
I keep two pairs of shoes at work and change into them when I get to work. Worth it. Nothing like a nice ride home to decompress after a long day.

I mostly work from home, not sure the wife would appreciate me riding the bike up the stairs to my office.  :001:

Offline uku383

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 553
  • Country: au
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 CB500XA
  • City / Town: Wollongong, NSW
Re: mileage
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 07:42:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
you need some of these to stick on the fairing....




Jonathan, that is brilliant! I'd love to get that made into a sticker for the bike! Would you mind if I did that?

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X RRL1
  • City / Town: Tegucigalpa
Re: mileage
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 08:42:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jonathan [+]
I'm thinking more in terms of 'confirmed kills'....like they did on the side of fighter planes during the war  :016:



Not that I've got anything against wombats! In fact I hate squishing anything, even by mistake...one of the reasons I don't like gardening - too many half worms

anyhow...speaking of stickers, any update on that one I posted several decades ago?

 :745: :745: :745: :745: :745: brilliant!

Offline SnowOwl

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1362
  • Country: us
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: SE Missouri
Re: mileage
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 09:01:41 PM »
I need one of those stickers featuring a cat.  No, I wasn't trying to hit it, it just had a death wish and darted out in front of me with me doing about 55 mph.  It was a sickening thump-thump as both wheels went over it.  When I stopped at home the smell of burning hair on the down-pipes was nasty.  Spent some time removing cat hair from the seams in the plastic underbelly cowl.
1980 Suzuki GS250T - Sold a long time ago
------------
1982 Suzuki PE175 - For exploring the farm with the dog
2016 Honda CB500X ABS - All round commuter and day trips

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
  • Country: hn
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X RRL1
  • City / Town: Tegucigalpa
Re: mileage
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 11:04:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by SnowOwl [+]
I need one of those stickers featuring a cat.  No, I wasn't trying to hit it, it just had a death wish and darted out in front of me with me doing about 55 mph.  It was a sickening thump-thump as both wheels went over it.  When I stopped at home the smell of burning hair on the down-pipes was nasty.  Spent some time removing cat hair from the seams in the plastic underbelly cowl.

That. Is. Gross.

At least you didn't have a off because of it. I hit a dog once and ended up falling over at low speed. I feel like anything bigger than a cat would end up with the bike on the ground.

 


Recent Topics