Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Drive chain cover, can I leave it off?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bolton, Lancs
Re: Drive chain cover, can I leave it off?
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 01:19:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hillie [+]
Ah, just looked at the Abba site. I may have seen this before but forgot the name, thank you! It looks interesting!

it's a nice bit of kit...simple, but effective (a bit like myself :001:) If you've got the floor space, a table lift would be nice, but in all honesty, I can't really see the benefit of a lift, unless you do a shed load of spannering on a regular basis....shops use them but they're fettling all day, everyday, so it's more to do with comfortable working height and back problems

Not trying to steer you in one direction or the other, but since the X is a tricky beast to balance (without a bash plate), if you do decide on a table lift, make sure it has a built-in facility to lift either wheel in situ.....I saw one guy reviewing stands and he had his bike on a table with two paddock stands...something I really wouldn't recommend. If you have a centre stand, it's not so much of an issue.

Hope you mange to get sorted either way... :028:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:19:56 PM by Jonathan »

Offline Hillie

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500x ABS
  • City / Town: SW Washington
Re: Drive chain cover, can I leave it off?
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »
My primary concern is working at a comfortable level. With regular front/rear stands (I guess paddock is the British terminology :002: ) on a stable (!!!!!) table, I don't see many issues. Of course a rickety wobbly cheap piece of junk will not inspire much confidence. If I were to change tires myself, the Pit Bull stands are interesting, as there's a wheel wedge you can get for them, that you can get right under the wheel, so it's an easy roll in/out, instead of lifting, balancing and swearing this is the last time, when you're putting the wheel back in.  :002:

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage