Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thinking about a CB500X  (Read 1142 times)

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Re: Thinking about a CB500X
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
I see your point. I think the 19 front wheel will most likely open up options for aftermarket wheelsets (19") of the spoked variety, the lighter clutch would be very welcome, as well as the slipper clutch and better (smoother) fueling is another plus, and the new seat shape also sounds like Honda has been thinking about its audience.  All of these things start adding up.

The marginal increase in suspension travel/clearance would be have to be addressed by an aftermarket solution either way, although, as mentioned above, the TAT was conquerable by a standard height X, albeit at the cost of mangling your sump guard.  :008: I would venture to say that rider skill would be a big factor in the whole scheme of things.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:13:57 PM by ThirtyOne »

Offline SnowOwl

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: SE Missouri
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 02:21:28 PM »
 :400:
1980 Suzuki GS250T - Sold a long time ago
------------
1982 Suzuki PE175 - For exploring the farm with the dog
2016 Honda CB500X ABS - All round commuter and day trips

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
  • City / Town: Northumberland
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 03:38:27 PM »
 :400: and I hope you find plenty of information here to inform your choice  :080:

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 03:45:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Buster217 [+]
but I might go ahead and see what kind of deal I can get on a '18. I found a dealer that has an '18 ABS model in stock.

The 19 one has some nice improvements, noticeably the dash which is a big improvement. I'd go 19.
Brian.

Offline Tradey

• CB500X Newbie
  • I spend too much time riding bicycles !
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • City / Town: Bairnsdale
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 11:43:04 PM »
Hello and greetings from southern Australia.  Excited to find this forum as I research the CB500X for my next (and possibly last bike in life) !  Time to downsize from the ADV unit and transition to something utilitarian SUV style.  The 2019 model appears to have some good sensible improvements and I will be pressing existing owners for their opinions and advice.

As I 'cross over' from ADV rider I promise to contribute and not just SUCK UP !

Offline ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 12:44:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tradey [+]
Hello and greetings from southern Australia.  Excited to find this forum as I research the CB500X for my next (and possibly last bike in life) !  Time to downsize from the ADV unit and transition to something utilitarian SUV style.  The 2019 model appears to have some good sensible improvements and I will be pressing existing owners for their opinions and advice.

:400:

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 03:41:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tradey [+]

Welcome to the forum.

Offline Trailrunner

• CB500X Pro
  • Let's Ride Enjoying the outdoors aboard the CBX
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CBX
  • City / Town: Dalton, GA.
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 01:53:50 PM »
Buster Welcome to the forum it is a great place for information about the CBX and very nice people. I have 2015, 2019 gives me the I want a new bike. I keep saying don't do it I am close to having everything on mine I wanted. It is a great bike to get on and ride on most roads. Trails here are pretty tuff red clay lots of rain mountains steep climbs. I two up a lot with my wife and she really likes it compared to other bikes this style. We have lots of forest roads and gravel roads we ride often. I look forward to seeing which bike you end up with.

Offline Buster217

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 12:08:47 AM »
Thanks, everyone who advised me to consider a 2019 model. I just picked it up this morning. Put about 120 miles on it, all paved roads, some nice and twisty, some straight and fast. I have been riding a Harley Softail. Wow, what a difference. I think I'm going to have a blast on this bike. I've figured out since my first post that I'm not interested in serious dirt biking, just want to be able to go on roads that are no fun on the Harley. Lots of those around here. Now, I've got to scour the forum looking for ideas on accessorizing.

Thanks, again for the advice.

Offline ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 12:18:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Buster217 [+]
Thanks, everyone who advised me to consider a 2019 model. I just picked it up this morning. Put about 120 miles on it, all paved roads, some nice and twisty, some straight and fast. I have been riding a Harley Softail. Wow, what a difference. I think I'm going to have a blast on this bike. I've figured out since my first post that I'm not interested in serious dirt biking, just want to be able to go on roads that are no fun on the Harley. Lots of those around here. Now, I've got to scour the forum looking for ideas on accessorizing.

Thanks, again for the advice.

Contrats on pulling the trigger!  I think just having your feet under you rather than in front of you makes riding on sketchier roads more enjoyable. 

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage