Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: "X" to "F"  (Read 502 times)

Offline macamxthe1st

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph T100
"X" to "F"
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »
Has anyone on here migrated from the "X" to the "F" and if so could I have your view, please.

Geoff.
Heated grips, gear position indicator, grip puppies, fenda extenda, tank protector, Michelin PR4's with "Tyre seal installed", shaved seat, rack and Givi Blade top box, rear hugger, sidestand plate, center stand, Hawk accessory bar with spotlights, Daneli mini soundbomb, Givi XS319 tanklock bag, loobman oiler, Evotech radiator guard, Fuel Micro Mini minus baffle and a liberal coating of Acf50 oh and a detachable sheepskin seat pad, lovely.

Offline Oyabun

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 500XA, 16 FA
  • City / Town: Europe
Re: "X" to "F"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 03:41:51 PM »
I haven't migrated, but I have both.
What are you interested?

Offline macamxthe1st

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph T100
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 03:57:16 PM »
I owned a 2017 X and loved it, would have looked to buy a 2019 model but the seat height has been increased so will now consider the F configuration. A test ride is what is required but I doubt that will be available much before March/April so just looking for an opinion. Your view, owning both would be much appreciated.

Geoff.
Heated grips, gear position indicator, grip puppies, fenda extenda, tank protector, Michelin PR4's with "Tyre seal installed", shaved seat, rack and Givi Blade top box, rear hugger, sidestand plate, center stand, Hawk accessory bar with spotlights, Daneli mini soundbomb, Givi XS319 tanklock bag, loobman oiler, Evotech radiator guard, Fuel Micro Mini minus baffle and a liberal coating of Acf50 oh and a detachable sheepskin seat pad, lovely.

Offline Oyabun

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 500XA, 16 FA
  • City / Town: Europe
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 04:29:08 PM »
UK will have the first (journo) test bikes in Feb, and sales quantities available from March.
I love the evos of the X (mine is at RR L2 height) amd my better half got a lowered F, so its difdicult to compare.
Apparently better wind protection and marginally better suspension on the stock X.
I loved the F also though.

Online Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: North Somerset
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 06:24:46 PM »
What's better about the F?

Offline gregjet

• CB500X Pro
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Bundaberg
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 09:15:15 PM »
The CBR500R seat fits on with the addition of only a piece of bar to screw on the rear. All other mount points are the same. There will be a depression in the tank at the front, if the aesthetics worry you. Did this one my self, to lighten it and lower the rider into the bike a bit more.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 02:33:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by gregjet [+]
The CBR500R seat fits on with the addition of only a piece of bar to screw on the rear. All other mount points are the same. There will be a depression in the tank at the front, if the aesthetics worry you. Did this one my self, to lighten it and lower the rider into the bike a bit more.

Do you mean the CBR seat fits on the F, rather than the X? I was under the impression that the subframe was different...

Offline gregjet

• CB500X Pro
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 03:18:27 AM »
I have a cbr one on the x. Only had to make an Al plate.
Got a rear seat cover from a CBR as well but it will require a bit more to make it fit. Haven't got to that yet.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lancashire
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 10:47:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by gregjet [+]
I have a cbr one on the x. Only had to make an Al plate.
Got a rear seat cover from a CBR as well but it will require a bit more to make it fit. Haven't got to that yet.

Ah...I see! Could also be an option for anyone wishing to convert the pillion to a rack...

Offline gregjet

• CB500X Pro
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »
That is my exact plan. I bought a rear seat cover /base cheap and will use it to create a lock on base for a rack.

Recent Topics