Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Keis Heated Gear Issue  (Read 812 times)

Offline CalmBiker

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA 2015
  • City / Town: Beverley
Re: Keis Heated Gear Issue
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 10:31:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Irishrover [+]
Same style of connector that I have. It could be water ingress or not a clean connection. Try a dab of ACF50 or similar. Next time you are out and it switches off, try rotating the connector and see if it comes back on, if so that's the problem.
I bought mine for 60 on ebay a while back, so it doesn't owe me anything.

Mine was brand new and hasn't seen rain yet but it could easily have a broken wire perhaps.

Offline Tod.

• CB500X Pro
  • Welsh, by the grace of God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Basildon
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2018, 08:48:58 PM »
I use a Keis heated body warmer. Also with oxford heated grips on my CB500X on a daily basis. Used with a heat controller, the vest only ever gets used in the lowest or sometimes in the mid position if really cold outside. Ive mistakenly knocked it back to the highest setting, and believe me, its too hot to ride. I had to stop to find out what was wrong. The bodywarmer has never switched itself off at any time. Even when it got too hot and uncomfortable. My power lead for the bodywarmer is connected directly to the battery with the supplied fused lead. Have you got he standard fused lead? Bit of a long shot, but change the fuse if all else fails, and make sure all connections are good and tight.

Offline CalmBiker

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA 2015
  • City / Town: Beverley
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tod. [+]
I use a Keis heated body warmer. Also with oxford heated grips on my CB500X on a daily basis. Used with a heat controller, the vest only ever gets used in the lowest or sometimes in the mid position if really cold outside. Ive mistakenly knocked it back to the highest setting, and believe me, its too hot to ride. I had to stop to find out what was wrong. The bodywarmer has never switched itself off at any time. Even when it got too hot and uncomfortable. My power lead for the bodywarmer is connected directly to the battery with the supplied fused lead. Have you got he standard fused lead? Bit of a long shot, but change the fuse if all else fails, and make sure all connections are good and tight.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, exactly the same set up as you.

Recent Topics